Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question about CZ-5

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question about CZ-5
September 16, 2010 12:01PM
Can someone tell me about this detector? I have found one that is like new for sale. I am thinking about buying it. But I do not know anything about the unit. Also is it worth $400.

Thanks
Tom
Re: Question about CZ-5
September 16, 2010 03:13PM
Hi Tom,
I may not be the best, since I have never used a CZ5. They were the base of my CZ3d detector though, and I love it. CZs are traditionally easy to learn and operate. They go deep and they find a lot of stuff. I would guess that $400 may be to the slightly high side of the price, but you said it was like new and that may make up the difference. There is a ton of information available about CZs and a large group of very enthusiastic users. A lot of the CZ5 guys have never updated, thinking they had the best of the CZ line. I hope some others will chime in, but I think you might find the CZ to be a great detector. I have a detector that cost a lot more and for normal coin hunting in old ground I find myself reaching for my CZ.

HH,
Don
September 16, 2010 09:19PM
If you can find out if it can detect a dime in an air-test ... to a depth of 11" or greater......it should be worth the money.
September 18, 2010 08:52PM
Well, after a lot of reading, downloading the manual and a dozen emails to the seller, I have purcahsed the CZ-5. I should receive it later next week. I will keep you informed.

Tom