Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

For those who have an Omega...A problem with mine

Posted by gates21 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
For those who have an Omega...A problem with mine
September 16, 2010 11:28PM
I just purchased this Omega 8000 used on the forums. I was out hunting today for the first time with it and had a couple issues:
1. When ground balancing, I don't get a smooth push/pull sound. Most of the time it made no noise while ground balancing. The ground balance number does change though.
2. When turning the sens. above 59, I would get the most annoying "tick tick tick" sound. Not sure if this is supposed to be the threshold, but it drove me nuts. I turned my phone off and no change. The only time it would stop is if I started tapping the bottom of the DD coil on the ground. Checked coil connections, they are not the problem. Also changed frequencies while sweeping coil, no difference.

Thanks for your advice
Aaron
Re: For those who have an Omega...A problem with mine
September 17, 2010 08:04AM
Did you ground in ALL Metal. As far as sens i can run mine in to the 80s with no problem,did you try different sites.
September 17, 2010 11:09AM
1. Mild ground/dirt?

2. This one does not sound good. Does this happen in All metal .... AND.... in the ID mode?
September 19, 2010 01:54PM
If it has a coil cover, have you cleaned under it lately? You should be getting sound during GB. Try a different coil. These are one of the most stable detectors out there. You may have bought someone's problems. Check with a local detector club for others that have the Omega and seek their help. Experience is very helpful, in these situations, to trouble shot the problem.