Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

off topic-computer question

Posted by guvmore 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
off topic-computer question
October 03, 2015 04:26PM
Hi , when using Google Chrome browser is it safe to click on the "save passwords" ??? thanks

I know can google it smiling smiley but you guys won't steer me wrong. hh

ps have bought anti virus and shop installed etc.

ps some days feel like getting the sledge hammer to control computers ever had that feeling smiling smileywhy no manuals when you buy computers they want you to download them, yea well I'm still learning even if on par with a toddler on a computer.

First day with new computer it went berzerk I can usually get back on but takes me awhile to guess the right button to swear at.
Re: off topic-computer question
October 03, 2015 04:45PM
I would never click to save passwords in any browser. There have been many problems if not with the browsers themselves with the add-ons like Java and Flash. I also set my browser to clear the cache on exit. Last I checked Chrome wasn't very friendly about clearing the cache and cookies. To me that means google really wants to farm your information but all of them will tell you it is to make your browsing experience more satisfying. There is also a free product that does a decent jobs of clearing cookies and browsing called CCleaner.
October 03, 2015 05:37PM
I never save password on anything that has to do with my banking or credit card payments. If its a website like this then that is OK with me

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 03, 2015 05:53PM
I'm with the other guys...

Never use words like "trust" and "safe" in the same sentence with the words "online" and "computer". smiling smiley

It's OK to be paranoid about it. Or put another way, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't thousands of hackers trying to steal from us.

smiling smiley
mike
October 03, 2015 06:02PM
OK thanks, that was what my guess was also....I can fix most things but computers are not one of them, maybe would have been different if learned at an earlier age like some of my cousins.
October 03, 2015 06:20PM
Last week contacted my computer repair guru and his feeling is always taking a chance when adding to your computer as you may get more than you asked for ought to cover it..Malware and such can always can be added along with what you asked for....or downloaded....
October 03, 2015 07:46PM
I run Linux OS and not rip me off Windows with all the malware, spamware, virus out there constantly trying to weasel into your computer...........
I don't like Chrome for saving passwords, you can't store the info using a master password like you can with Firefox. With Chrome anyone can open your password folder and see them all.
At least with Firefox people who may use your computer can't see anyone of them unless they have the master password. Firefox also asks for the master password before it populates a login page.
I never save any passwords related to anything online that has to do with money and or where banking info is stored. But, saving the passwords comes in handy for any forum sites and the like. There's no way I can remember
50 different passwords...........eye popping smiley

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
October 03, 2015 08:28PM
For your home computer, never save passwords or user names. Never use the same user name or password on multiple sites where you might do a financial transaction. Store that information with paper and pen. I use vmware player, build a clean copy of linux, save a snapshot, and can revert to the clean snapshot whenever I wish to have no chance of malwarr ever affect me
October 07, 2015 01:54PM
Don't do it. Use a password manager. I use 'LastPass'. It is secure. Have a look by watching the video here: LastPass I use the paid version and it is only 14 bucks a year. I have LastPass on my cell phone, my 2 tablets and my desktop. I LOVE it. It does a lot more than just passwords.