Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

So who is going to DIV XXXII in 41 days?

Posted by bubbadirect 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
So who is going to DIV XXXII in 41 days?
October 03, 2015 06:58PM
I finally it onto the list. Woohoo. This will be my first DIV ever, and will hopefully be using a Garrett ATX or a Minelab 4500 or 4800.

It will be fun to learn from others who have been there before OR are attending this one! I'm so excited about meeting others from this forum, making new friendships, and finding some relics!

Hope to hear back from y'all,
Bubba
Re: So who is going to DIV XXXII in 41 days?
October 03, 2015 09:58PM
Never been on a a paid hunt..

good luck when you go..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 03, 2015 10:41PM
This will be my 5th one

"A Bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush"
I'll be there too. This will be my 6th DIV. Lots of fun and fellowship...plus you get to keep what you find.

Charles
October 04, 2015 12:28PM
You will have fun. Just don't go too heavy on the high expectations. I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but the place you are going to, has been hunted several times now with pulse machines, and is one of the smaller areas that the crew goes to, so I suspect that the relics wont be as easy this go around. There is suppose to be a couple new pieces of ground that hasn't been hunted by DIV yet on this property...but those are either gonna be good or not so good. I just about guarantee that the masses will converge on those new fields, and you will be dodging 300+ other hunters in the same fields, with the vast majority of them swinging pulse machines. You better bring your patience with you in that regard...because it will be tried several times through. It's kind of like fishing...if people see you catching fish and they aren't...sooner rather than later, they are gonna be on your heels trying to root you off your spot. That property is known for the numerous bottles that people find there. I suspect that a lot of guys will be doing that again. There is a good little NY camp that I hunted on that site BUT the last time I was there, it wasn't open to hunting. It was actually part of the Ridge....and if I understood John correctly, it will also not be open this go around either. I got "bottle fever" the last time I was there. I spent 2 1/2 days searching for bottles and digging a lot of deep empty holes. Hahah. I didn't do much surface hunting that go around but I have dug 2 plates and a crap ton of bullets and buttons there on past hunts.
October 04, 2015 01:23PM
Enjoy
October 04, 2015 05:55PM
Thank you Daniel. I've Never done bottle hunting, and would love to find confederate relics if possible. Any suggestions? I'll be happy with any and all relics however. I'm not too picky. Grin

Bubba
October 04, 2015 11:25PM
Bubba,

There have been some Confederate relics found on the property. I recall a nice CS rosette found there on one of the hunts, and seems like someone found a CS tongue too. There's not as many CS stuff to come from there as say, Brandy Rock or the Beauregard farm. But the site is a dug in 2nd corps Army of Potomac winter camp. You might find what everyone wants to find...a 2nd corps badge.
October 05, 2015 01:25PM
I made the cut but unfortunately there's no way I'm going to be able to make my 3rd DIV. Good luck! This should be one of the better ones!