Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Advise setting up programs on the E-trac

Posted by Mccrorysjewelry2 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Advise setting up programs on the E-trac
October 07, 2015 02:25PM
Just got a new E-trac with x-1 probe. Can anyone give me some pointers and programs to use for old coins and silver coins? Please P.M. me Thanks, Kevin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2015 03:00PM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
Re: Advise setting up programs on the E-trac
October 07, 2015 03:14PM
Best advice I can give see if you can find a local, clubmember etc.that can mentor you on a few hunts...Really cuts down on the learning period...
October 07, 2015 03:28PM
I have 2 CTX 3030's Just wonder what the differences are between the e-trac and CTX. Do they use the same VDI numbers and program and settings setup?
October 07, 2015 03:51PM
I found starting with factory programs helped for familiarization. Eventually I found settings used by goesforever to work well for my area or at least a good starting setup. I think gonehunting for history used to have some nice Etrac settings but it looks like he just has some CTX stuff now.
October 07, 2015 04:43PM
CTX and etrac have very similar response and VDI numbers.
Threshold pitch on the etrac can be used to expand the low or high ranges by shifting it between high and low tones.
CTX has the "bin" systems that can be used to essentially expand the "TTF" of the etac.
Whatever pattern you are using with the CTX should cross over just fine with the etrac.
If you would like to give me the location of that mansion you have been detecting , I would be happy to meet you there and walk you through the settings smiling smiley
October 07, 2015 09:25PM
Yes
My advice is
Forget "Programs"
Just Detect
If you have to, use Quickmask and blacken all the screen with the exception of a 'postage stamp size ' that you keep "clear" top RHS

Good Hunting

Des D (creator of E Trac)
October 07, 2015 10:28PM
I would get Andy Sabisch's Etrac/Explorer Handbook as it has a lot of different set up's. That way you can pick and choose what works for your area and style of hunting through trial and error.That's what I did when it first came out. I took a little of this and a little of that. Now I have a standard set it forget it type set up that works for my area and my style of Hunting..
October 08, 2015 10:54AM
I agree Des. It was kind of a nice option...... but then i just set my IM and let my ears do most of the detecting with an occasional peak at the smart screen. Ive noticed more seem to be digital hunters with the CTX, at least the water guys, where when dirt hunting i was more a smart screen watcher. Just more info to me. Not many using a lot of the neat options...... like LEARN either. I used to use the DFX as well...... you can find yourself playing with buttons and not really having a good day hunting.

Dew