Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is this for real...New Garrett detector?

Posted by njnydigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Is this for real...New Garrett detector?
October 11, 2015 01:09AM
Garrett supposedly has a new detector coming out, if this info I spied on Facebook today, is true. Anyone have any info?

Don't know how to post pics on here, and don't use any photo sharing sites. Here's a link to a photo: [forum.treasureclassifieds.com]

Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2015 01:09AM by njnydigger.
Re: Is this for real...New Garrett detector?
October 11, 2015 01:28AM
Waterproof to 20 ft, foldable and something called a shape viewer? Cool stuff from Garrett.
October 11, 2015 01:36AM
Youve got me...

But if it is it should be the 2500 replacer..Seems they will take target sizing to a whole new level...TARGET SHAPING!!!!!

The Housing looks EXCELLENT!!!

The GLOWING LED screen looks EXCELLENT!!!

The Whole ergonomic design of it looks EXCELLENT!!!

Im telling you its a great time to be a Detectorist!!

Thank's for the Peek!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
October 11, 2015 01:54AM
Keith, from all I can gather, this APPEARS kosher, but still not 100% sure. And I agree...

All looks good, but IF that target shaping feature actually works, and isn't just a dumb gimmick, how amazing would that be?!

I was never the biggest Garrett fan, but I use what works, no brand loyalty here. Their pinpointers & AT line turned the tide for me though...very good products.

As mainly a coin hunter, I wonder if the background of all the silver is a clue as to what type of hunting it's geared for, or just a coincidence.

Joe
October 11, 2015 02:02AM
I was impressed with the GTI imaging when it was first released and really no one has done anything like it since...

It just would not work well in my soil..Punch wise

I think Garrett has figured out SOIL though in the last few years...

Yes if the shaping feature is real, could lead to a whole new way to hunt the UNHUNTABLE more easily...Modern trash...

Wonder if a ring will be a circle with a hole in it.. a pulltab oblong with a hole....Of course they would have to be lying flat ...

Could you imaging a unit that could tell a ring from a coin with accuracy on a beach or a volleyball court or park.. see a perfectly round object with a hole in it on the screen and dig up a ring see a oblong shape with hole it leave it alone...can you say CHEATING LOL!!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2015 02:04AM by Keith Southern.
October 11, 2015 02:35AM
I looked again and the graphic does say "AT CONCEPT" so who knows how serious it should be taken. Maybe the graphic is a couple of years old and something new may be coming, or maybe it's a new idea drawn up but nothing really exists. Crossing fingers.
October 11, 2015 03:00AM
Ok, do a search on Facebook for "Dug That Metal Detecting Group." The first post down on their page is about this. Going by their comments, some people think it's an obvious fraud, and some think it's genuine. I'm on the fence, but leaning towards B.S.

Wouldn't any dealers know about this? Testers? Not a peep from anyone. Not a good sign. Looked good, though, lol.

I swear, if this is indeed a hoax, some people have WAY too much time on their hands sad smiley

Joe
October 11, 2015 03:24AM
Its probably something thats not really supposed to be shown to public eyes....An it's probably partially true and partially a mockup..

The PIN MODE makes me think its a foreign typo...

Should say PINPOINT MODE...Garrett would not call it PIN MODE ...

I would almost bet its some spy photos that have been photo shopped overseas...

And to get an answer is probably not going to happen.. Garrett probably wont talk and Field testers if theres any right now which I doubt there is any, as its probably still an in house project at this point and there surely not going to talk...

The guy on your website saying He Emailed Garrett for answers,,wait and see what that say...After that we still wont know nothing we can bank on... ...

The 2500 is due an upgrade though..And Garrett ought to have a tone of R&D money from the last few years AT-PRO explosion..

Ive always been interested in a Sizing /shaping type display....Maybe it's real maybe its partially real maybe its still on the drawing board.. or maybe its just a Joke...but all the same its still a great time to be a detectorist!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
October 11, 2015 07:45AM
Looks bogus to me. The hinged shaft seems wrong. The coil wire at the coil and after the last turn at the bend looks like it would not naturally go that way. The detector seems a complete Photoshop creation not a photo. For my 2 cents is a absolute fabrication. I have several memorials I'd risk here. This is not the Garrett font used for their logo and never would they put new and Garrett together in the same color and font that way. Completely different from the teaser ads for the AT Gold pre-release.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
October 11, 2015 02:04PM
Why have it fold up if the control panel does not lay down? I'm leaning towards fake. I also hope the AT Pro replacement is multi frequency. I also really really hope the coin icons are not real. And God forbid it talks to you.
October 11, 2015 02:13PM
Guess we will have to wait...I would think with the death of he founder perhaps new powers to be may mean changes for Garrett overall...
October 11, 2015 04:52PM
I say with what we have just dig it I can't see a detector really being able to give more info that works from what we have. Shapes may be even harder to understand but wait and see

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 11, 2015 05:30PM
I think it's real.
October 11, 2015 10:22PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I say with what we have just dig it I can't see a
> detector really being able to give more info that
> works from what we have. Shapes may be even harder
> to understand but wait and see

I'm new to MD (unit on the way) and also know nothing about how a MD analyzes magnetic feedback. With the availability of small fast microprocessors, I am surprised that mfgs don't have a detector that:
1. Lets user record a hit on a SD card
2. Lets user select the item they dug from a menu(pull tab, quarter, etc)
3. Saves that info on SD database
4. Learns from database info. to better identify signals/hits

A different SD card could be used for different situations.
October 11, 2015 10:25PM
If true it's going to be damn good fun to see it working.
October 11, 2015 11:43PM
The SD card thing is how the modern fishing sonars are working too. You can take snap shots for future reference. That technology has went above and beyond what it was just 10 yrs ago. Used to, all you could see was what was directly under the boat in a cone shape sonar beam. Now they can go 360 degrees around the boat and literally draw individual tree limbs, blocks and rocks on the bottom, and of course, fish. And it looks exactly how it is...like Google Earth but everything is under water.
October 12, 2015 12:29AM
Looks awefully bogus to me.
October 12, 2015 01:54AM
Looks real to me, don't care for the shaft setup or larger coil for underwater. However, Appears will have assorted coils to chose from.

Paul
October 12, 2015 03:44PM
Not sure if it's real. But I'd say Garrett is due for a new flagship machine and I'm sure they have made a ton of money the last few years. I think they should go telescopic rod like ctx. And while there at it make a light weight ATX too.

John
October 12, 2015 04:17PM
Are not the keypads too close to the bottom edge of the faceplate? I would think the adhesive backed faceplate membrane decal would soon lift at the bottom edge?
A clue as to it being real or fake...detail was not paid attention to?

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
October 12, 2015 10:19PM
UPDATE: A member of our community reached out to someone at Garrett, and this person knew nothing about the "AT Concept". Whether that's the real deal, or not, I have no way of knowing, just sharing the latest news.

Here's my question? Why would someone create this flyer and post it online? Could it be, as Keith stated, that it was leaked by someone to gauge consumer response to something on the drawing board? A diehard Garrett fan put it together, as a sort of wishlist detector? If it's a fake, I just don't get the reason behind doing it.
October 12, 2015 11:38PM
njnydigger Wrote:
> I just
> don't get the reason behind doing it.

The person was taking a creative art advertising course and needed to create an advertising flyer....................maybe trying to get hired into Garrett's Marketing dept and showing them what he can do?

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
October 13, 2015 03:37PM
I'll stick with what I have the more I use my racer and deus the better I understand the machine. We all want a lot more depth and more masking but we still are missing targets. Don't always dig the nice tones a lot of iron finds turn out to be the real keepers

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 13, 2015 03:40PM
Hi,,,Not only does this machine show very,very poor ergonomics and non functional fold up capabilities, it shows no characteristics of a typical Garrett machine....I noticed also the depth being displayed in metric....No way is this for real, it is however very laughable.....JJ
October 13, 2015 08:16PM
Ok, think the mystery is solved. A member of my forum contacted Garrett personally, and they seemed in total disbelief about the ad. After some research, they were able to track down the person who designed & posted it, at which point they found out it was meant as a "joke". They created it in the hopes Garrett would see it and hopefully consider some of the design features. The team over at Garrett were NOT very happy about the whole thing.

I tried coming here today to post this, but the site wouldn't come up all day. Was it just me?

Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2015 08:17PM by njnydigger.
October 13, 2015 08:19PM
down here as well. super fast site now!

yeah it was pretty obvious it was fake. IMO
October 13, 2015 08:27PM
njnydigger Wrote:
> The team
> over at Garrett were NOT very happy about the
> whole thing.

So I guess no free Garrrett pinpointer for that guy eh?

> I tried coming here today to post this, but the
> site wouldn't come up all day. Was it just me?

Earlier I got an error saying the DNS registration had expired but it's okay now.
October 13, 2015 09:50PM
So the plot thicken's...

Sort of like MSM is it not..

hard to tell the real from the propaganda..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
October 13, 2015 09:57PM
I just cancelled my pre order with an over seas company named Farrett. I gave them my saving account number so they can simply return my $1200. That was a close one! Whew....

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
October 13, 2015 11:09PM
Well, this is crushing news. I really thought if anyone could build a foldable detector, it would be Garrett.