Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

confused smiley

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: who is getting the new racer gold
October 14, 2015 01:08PM
Pimento Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm confused? Where's the "great Easter haul"
> everyone's talking about? Has the picture been
> deleted? Is this anything to do with Tom not
> paying for his Domain Name?

I think Lawrenzo (inadvertently) edited his original post and changed the topic to the present one.
Originally, it pointed to:

[www.thetreasuredepot.com]

Follow the link.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: Like Easter find
October 14, 2015 02:21PM
Aha, now I see what the fuss is about. An excellent find indeed. This is why some say that "you should dig 5 iron targets every session", as you never know until you dig it.
October 14, 2015 03:22PM
Yeah took me awile to figure out what happened...

It's Lawrenzo post though to do with it whatever he wants..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2015 05:14PM by Keith Southern.
October 14, 2015 03:31PM
what I found was full of mud after our rain storm. I use a hand held camera that takes video...Stuck the find in my bag kept hunting took it home cleaned the coins after opening the tin took one photo before cleaning the coins. When it's muddy my gloves and hands will get that mud on the camera and when the lens retracts it will ruin a camera so I have to be careful.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 14, 2015 04:11PM
It's a great idea to have a camera with you on a dig, just in case that perfect photo opportunity arises. I think these days, a sensible solution is to have an older model digital camera with you. Something in the 3 -6 MPixel range, these can be obtained for a trivial outlay, eBay, flea markets, garage sales, ask your friends. Then if you do mess it up, or even drop it in a puddle, the financial loss is irrelevant. The memory card is pretty robust, and even when corrupted, the data can be read out with good success.
Re: Racer find...It was like easter
October 14, 2015 04:45PM
swmomark Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WOW, I have been hunting for 44 yrs now. Never dug
> any nickels that weren't rusty red or worse. Any
> coin spills I have seen dug had circular stains on
> some of the coins from being in contact with each
> other. I guess my MO. ground is a lot rougher on
> coins than in your area. Wish I could find coins
> in that condition. Mark

cool smiley Yep...
October 15, 2015 02:32AM
In the gold country when I find coins (and that is far and few) they come out of the ground in great condition even wheat's and Indian heads. I have dug coins in other areas of Calif that come out looking all eaten up by the ground. Nickles V and Shield come out with very little damage from the ground. I clean them up to take my photos, who wants to see coins that you can't see the date or what coin it is. I had a friend that lived in South Carolina and I would have to take out a magnifying glass to see it was a V nickle. Sorry my coins are not all wasted away.eye popping smiley I'll try and hunt at parks where the fertilizer eats coins for breakfast lunch and dinner.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 15, 2015 01:40PM
So you clean them but then try to dirty them again for staging? Seems like a wasted effort. Could just show them fresh out of the ground or not at all at that point. I've never heard of anyone tumbling silver or coins older than wheat. Just seem really weird to go through that kind of effort for a look at me pic. I guess my motivations and interest in the hobby are just different.
Re: confused smiley
October 15, 2015 06:15PM
I lose a lot of votes at our club showings because I just don't like taking the patina and aging off many finds to make them look like they just came off the shelf of the thrift shop or K-Mart. I LIKE that it has been in the ground for a century so and looks like it.
cool smiley

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2015 06:16PM by Pasttom.