Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Look's like Garrett is on board with a user set tone break machine

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Look's like Garrett is on board with a user set tone break machine
September 19, 2010 04:03PM
Seems to be running 15khz with the ability to set your tone break in the 0-40 range hmm sounds familiar ....but you can turn the the modulation on and off for full audio or perceptive audio..ground balance ...and it's also submersible to 10 feet....Saw a video on you tube [www.youtube.com] looks like it's 699.00 gotta love competition

brochure
[www.findmall.com]
[www.findmall.com]

Target response still sounds slow but it's mid priced....... Could be something coming later that will challenge speed????

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2010 04:04PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Look's like Garrett is on board with a user set tone break machine
September 19, 2010 05:14PM
Water proof to 10 feet is nice.
FT should jump on that with the GB and G2
Re: Look's like Garrett is on board with a user set tone break machine
September 19, 2010 07:52PM
About 20 years ago.........KELLYCO came out with a COBRA.......then preceeded by a COBRA-II. These units were tone-break adjustable.
Yeah nothing new Tom
September 20, 2010 12:27AM
but I'm just glad we are starting to see it implemented more in current design's....I still believe Garrett has a way's to go(recovery speed ability to handle mineralization) before they compete (Equal Surpass) with the other offering's available in today's market but at least they are trying something and keeping cost realistic..

I have never found any jaw dropping performance from Garrett...But that's just me and my dirt and style of hunting!!

I do like the waterproof housing though!I wish other manufacturer's would take notice and offer us something similar .....Heck if they can build a new machine and waterproof it for 699.00 you know there's not a whole lot of cost involved????? Or is it a 400.00 dollar machine in a 300.00 housing???

Might be the later!!

Keith
Re: Yeah nothing new Tom
September 20, 2010 12:55AM
Yep. Some of the waterproof housings are VERY expensive.

It is always interesting to see one Mfr .. chase the tail of another Mfr..............................when.................indeed ..... a different path/direction/approach could be chosen.
September 20, 2010 04:47AM
believe they have been "chasing" each other for years by "tearing" apart each other's
newly introduced equipment on their work benches to determine if patents can be circumvented.

(h.h!)
j.t.
September 20, 2010 12:28PM
That's 'industry standard'!
What(?).......
September 20, 2010 10:24PM
What similarities are you seeing? LMAO!!!! Seriously, I wish it all the best BUT I gotta wonder just how "reliable" that waterproof to 10' promise will be over the long haul with those features and controls in that enclosure. I've not seen one personally but it looks like a potential nightmare in the making to me. I certainly hope their testing has been RIGOROUS and able to simulate the passing of time while factoring a wide variety of (and all-encompassing) usage types!
I wonder myself Brad how waterproof it might be
September 20, 2010 11:32PM
but it is of no real concern since I am sure I will never have one!!

Maybe they use the infinium enclosure technique? in a different shape housing??

I am with you though I wish them the best in there endeavor ...I for one like having choice's ...If it get's down to one manufacturer of detector's with no competition then we are all doomed!!

Keith
Re: I wonder myself Brad how waterproof it might be
September 21, 2010 12:30AM
It'll be interesting, and perhaps somewhat telling as to what the warranty term will be. (maybe it's in the brochure's fine print and I missed it) Obviously, if a detector floods under warranty, it's relative expensive for the company to repair/replace whereas if a land detector loses a touchpad or coil etc, it's just a fraction of the cost. I'm sure they know what they're doing and my concerns are unfounded as I sit here being a pathetic Monday morning quarterback. I AM disappointed it apparently is so T-like in the ID system, features etc. I would have liked to see them bring something more unique and new to the industry for all to enjoy instead of primarily for their faithful. The small-ish display characters is a deal breaker by itself for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2010 12:41AM by BuckeyeBrad.
September 22, 2010 05:34AM
yes!..very true indeed!..nothing new there!

(h.h!)
j.t.