Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher CZ-6a Converted to 3D status ...Nail board Test VIDEO!! Addendum For Tom New Video!!!

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Ive had a few CZ's but never a Tom tuned CZ and this one is Set to 3D status to boot!!

So not sure if my other ones were out of Sync or what,, but I must say this one really is just Silky smooth ... DEEP and accurate and seems to be more sleuthy in iron than the other's I had...very EMI resistant TOO!!!

Heres a vid of it working the nail board test .....and I must say it passes the DOWN THE BARREL test as I like to call it .. and I'm impressed by a CZ doing that..maybe its the norm and I have a had 2 or 3 CZ's not up to snuff but I like what I see ..

[www.youtube.com]

Addendum

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2015 04:51PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Fisher CZ-6a Converted to 3D status ...Nail board Test VIDEO!!
October 18, 2015 10:50PM
Oh my, hope someone's not at the kicking tree. I was a bit surprised myself with the cz passing the 1-4 nail board test.
October 18, 2015 10:53PM
Goes to show Tom can work wonders in tuning......
October 18, 2015 11:15PM
Nah, not kicking anything....got 7 more silver dimes and quarters out of a nail/iron pit this afternoon with the g2.

ozzie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh my, hope someone's not at the kicking tree. I
> was a bit surprised myself with the cz passing the
> 1-4 nail board test.
Heres someone elses Cz Nail Board test I found on Youtube..this is what I remember
October 19, 2015 01:31AM
From the others I had..

Albeit he turns off the iron tone....that could cause a Delay NULL..but on this circuit I dont think it would need to flow.. it does not blend anyway's..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2015 01:32AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Heres someone elses Cz Nail Board test I found on Youtube..this is what I remember
October 19, 2015 06:01PM
Something to be said here. First Texas/Fisher (and the old Los Banos original Fisher) made 3 coils for the CZ. The 5", 8" and 10.5" coils. The quality control on the 8" and 10.5" coils are exceptionally good. It is rare to find a 8" or 10.5" coil that is impedance-mismatched. The 5" coil is a different story. They have a stronger propensity to be impedance (and a few other things/tests) mismatched. The 5" coil is the one that I find the most err out of the various coil sizes. They are small and somewhat difficult to build with preciseness.

Keith, you could have a batch of 'good' 5" coils........... and your CZ-6a/3D will perform the same. . . . . as in your youtube video. A impedance mismatched 5" coil....... and your ID's can/usually scatter. What should be an eye-opener to folks of whom watch your youtube video is............ that's a concentric coil equipped unit performing such function.................. not a DD or elliptical DD coil.

Thanks for the Kudos!
October 19, 2015 06:23PM
Tom .. others...

What is amazing to me is the machine I.D.s the Indian exctly when testing DOWN THE BARREL...

No other machine I have tested to date that can see that coin in that test has actually been able to identify the coin accurately..

they may report it but not dead I.d. it..

yes a PROPER CZ and a PROPER COIL on this platfrom is AMAZING!!!

Thank you TOM!!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
October 19, 2015 09:06PM
Hey Keith, Where did you have your Sens. set when you air tested the Dime at 10''? This was in Disc. mode with 0 Disc. also? That is a lot hotter then the 5'' coil I had as couldn't wait to sell mine. The Nautilus 6'' coil is a little firecracker also or at least the one I got is.
October 19, 2015 09:24PM
Harold I had the Sens on 5 and the disc on zero ground bal at 5...

Im starting to think these NEW 'Finned' 5 inch Coils may be more exact in tolerances...???

Maybe they have learned to build a GOOD Coil through having to have GOOD PROPER coils for the F75....

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
October 20, 2015 12:43AM
Something difficult to convey. WHAT IF....... "down the barrel"....... the CZ is NOT seeing/detecting the Indian Head penny at all; rather, , , , the CZ is 'falsing' high-tone on the longitudinal nail. Hard to tell !
But, I must say............ (especially in the audio preamble).......... it does (almost clearly) sound primarily like a coin detection......... and subsequent correct audio response. (This would be the preamble, body, post-amble of the audio report......... and correct 'duration' of audio length).
October 20, 2015 12:53AM
Hey Tom It Low tones that nail by it self when going down the barrel..

Its a clean Grunt low tone till the indian head is inserted...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
October 20, 2015 03:33AM
Amazing. Good for you!
October 20, 2015 02:21PM
Not sure if it would make any difference but will you get a mid tone with a lower conductor?
Addendum Video For Tom...
October 20, 2015 04:41PM
Hey Tom I did another video for the NBT test without Indian head and then with indian head..

I usually do a Dry test in my Vids but I forgot...Sorry about that..!!

So now we have Down the Barrel no indian and Down the Barrel with indian..

Pac man I threw in a nickle to the test also..

[www.youtube.com]

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2015 04:51PM by Keith Southern.
The Racer test....I heard 2 different tones at the same time.....am I hearing wrong?
No Ozzie your not hearing wrong....the Racer blends..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
The video addendum certainly removes a lot of doubt. . . . for the inquisitive viewers.
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
. for the inquisitive viewers.

That is what I hope for,,,,,,,,Yet not sure its clicked with the 'Inquisitve' quite yet,,,,

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Kudos indeed go to you Tom!!

The factory say's the new coils are like the old coil's internally...just new housing's

Your PROPER Tune Up/Alignment is to be APPRECIATED and does Not GO UNOTICED...

Thank you..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2015 04:33AM by Keith Southern.
Keith, I haven't checked the forum for over a week so this is the first I've seen of this post.

Excellent report, thanks for sharing.

I seldom watch you tube detecting videos, but yours are worthwhile. You seem like a down to earth guy and besides the knowledge, I appreciate the ego-free attitude you convey. That is a rare attribute in the world of metal detecting videos.

Dave Johnson created a truly special platform with the CZ, and thanks to Tom's modification and calibration efforts the "design intent" units are still regarded as special detectors.

Analog detectors typically have more performance variation between individual detectors than digital units. But even with that being said, the unit-to-unit variations between in spec CZ-3Ds is crazy. The hottest unit I've seen is over 4" deeper per Tom's testing than the coldest, both with the same stock 8" coil. The difference between a correctly tuned, deep and stable cz-3d and one that isn't is night and day, glad you finally got a chance to use a properly performing one.

You mentioned your unit air-testing a coin at 11" with the 5" coil. You've got a hot one for sure!

I am surprised to see how well your detector performed on the nail board test. My suspicion is that despite how effective it looks with the small coil, the high tone falsing inherent with the cz platform will make your unit less effective in actual heavy iron usage than it appears with the test. I look forward to reading your observations.

Amazing when you think the CZ platform is about 25 years old...
Well thank's for the kind words Marcomo...

glad you found something useful in the video..

I hope some times it helps others or even just one person..however trivial it may be..

but at least I get a video log of different unit's if nothing else..

the ego thing..not sure how one could have much of an ego metal detecting..Aint that considered NERD life ..LOL!!!

Not really sure I would use the CZ in an iron pit.. but all the same I found it fascinating to pass the test...

But also I might add I find the CZ no worse for digging deep nails that most other modern high gain units out now..the falses to me sound flat and the goodies sound round...

Yes Dave designed a great unit.. And Tom Tunes a Great unit!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla