Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any of yall ever hunted YWCA camps???-----O.K. Ill confess im trying to get yall pumped up for the fall hunts

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Im trying to get some people pumped up...Showing there's things all around to hunt if you just research,,,,

I found this spot back in the 80's

I was working at a clothing warehouse and at lunch I did not have much money so I would take walks in the woods behind the building for 30 minutes..eat a bananna a or apple fried pie or something like that while exploring I did not want to stay in the break room watching other's eat...LOL!!

Anyways I crossed some track one time and went up a good size cliff and found a road bed and walked it for awhile and found a lot of ruins...Chimney's sticking up everywhere ...and an old abandoned pool full of leeches...Sort of eerie looking...Wysteria hanging all in the tree's and such...looked like a ghost town of sorts..

Lots of Satanic symbols carved in trees and pentagram rock layouts on the ground and such...It was about 1985 so Im sure it was some kids listening to heavy metal and such...

Anyhow I never did detect around there since I did not really have permission to do that...Plus it was sort of Creepy for me being only 16 myself LOL!!

Well just a few minutes ago I found out what the site was ...it was a YWCA camp from 1905 till 1965

I found some photos of it from 1915

Those pillars under the cabins were still there in situ 30 years ago I remember..

I know those woods and they are still untouched .. never developed..

I need to secure permission...Wonder if theres any Silver coins there??? might be hunted to death by know LOL!!Hope the satanist have left!!

Ill see if I can find the owners..

If I can locate the owners I may Luck out..

anyone ever hunted such sites with luck??

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2015 03:29AM by Keith Southern.
Re: Any of yall ever hunted YWCA camps???
October 24, 2015 11:49PM
Silver coins and probably costume jewelry with some good jewelry mixed in... smileys with beer

Love to hunt places like this. Old church camps, Boyscout and youth camps.... Good places.

I hope that it hasn't been hunted, you will have a ball.
October 25, 2015 02:01AM
Being for females good chance of finding gold rings and jewelry....remember gold in those days was real inexpensive way back when.....as far as old coins all depends if they sold goodies and such. Unfortunately for some reason if you found it others did before you, however always remember the baseball field of the 1905 braves that was hunted by a large club and found about a doz. silver going back to seated and a pouchfull of indian pennies as well there are detectorists and fellows that swing a detector and I am betting either way with your capabilities you will find silver and perhaps some thin inexpensive gold rings....
October 25, 2015 02:16AM
Good info...

Wish I had hunted it in the 80's

I remember even riding down there with the red baron.. but never went in...ended up relic hunting close by..No permision and didnt want to risk it..

Ill see what I can come up with...

in this area in the early 1900's if you went to a camp and were dressed like these girls.. your family had money..

This area was dirt poor ...Might be a gold coin in there somewhere..old time hunters I bet left the low conductors anyways.. they might of cherry picked the site for silver but there has to be some GOODIES somewhere...

I also found a fariground mention in a newspaper clipping from 1890 today never Knew about, a few miles from my house.. just mentions the road need to find the exact property .. was a farmers fair held twice a year..starting in 1870...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2015 03:21AM by Keith Southern.
October 25, 2015 03:03AM
Where'd ya say that was EXACTLY again Keith?winking smiley
remember the ball field I hunted last month..
October 25, 2015 03:31AM
Well it was part of a Mill village...Now I've located the baptismal...

I know exaclty where this is.. this pic is from 1940...Wonder if theres some goodies in here?

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
I Found this in a old picture from 1950...
October 25, 2015 03:36AM
talked to a Surveyor by chance a couple of weeks ago who knows/Confirmed where its at..Never knew it was there my whole life...

Old chruch that closed doors in 1905..built pre civil war...4 miles from where I grew up never knew of it.. in the back of a field.

The surveyor says he will try to to get me on the property..

He said it still has the walls standing..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
Heres a mill I always wondered were it was at and was close to it once before
October 25, 2015 03:44AM
Now I know where it is..just need permission...

Confderate cavalry camped here in 1864 from a Diary I have had in my possesion for 25 years now....Its just 8 miles from my house..

Lost to time but not to the internet..this guy found it and google earthed it wiht coordinates.....

I missed it by 1/8 mile..thought it was developed...

I actually gave up on this site till recently...I was convinced I interpreted the diary wrong or it was gone under a golf course in the 1960s

Keith

-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2015 03:51AM by Keith Southern.
These are sites I find with the internet..
October 25, 2015 03:49AM
And to me its amazing..

every week I add to my Knowledge base of local history..

and most of it is unkown sites or unidentified sites to me..

again research is easier than ever now..

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
I have found similar sites like that in the midwest. The first thing I thought of is how to deal with huge amounts of overgrowth. How do you deal it this sort of site and all of the weeds, roots, foot of soil over original surface? Do you just target certain possible soft spots?
If you are one of the lucky ones to have a library of local post card collections, you can gleam a lot of info from them as well. I was doing a lot of research and stumbled upon a local park from the 1930s to 1950s with a natural spring fed pond/lake that the locals had turned into a popular swimming area. I found several pics of it and it was always loaded with people. I got excited thinking of silver dimes...til it dawned on me that such a place would still be popular today if it were around. It is not. They filled most of the lake in when they widened the highway and the park itself became a modern golf course. Thus is what sucks about research. You discover these great places with loads of potential...and then find out what "progress" has done to them.
Re: remember the ball field I hunted last month..
October 25, 2015 01:57PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well it was part of a Mill village...Now I've
> located the baptismal...
>
> [i957.photobucket.com]
> ptismal_zps8rpjdt1n.jpg
>
> I know exaclty where this is.. this pic is from
> 1940...Wonder if theres some goodies in here?
>
> Keith

Rebel Gold???

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
Re: remember the ball field I hunted last month..
October 25, 2015 03:25PM
I wish I had the knowledge and let's say "endurance" to keep at it like you do Keith when investigating/researching someplace. WOW that's just cool as can be, all that time and you still remember. Excellent work and outcome and looks like it can and will be rewarding. Nice pics.........