Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Another short field hunt with the G2+

Posted by triplehooked 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Another short field hunt with the G2+
October 30, 2015 02:28AM
Actually my last hunt with this detector as I traded for a T2 se dst. It's a nice detector (G2+) for the lower conductors and specifically the gold hunting crowd, but I was surprised to see how poorly the unit responded to the seated lady. I wasn't expecting it to hammer on the silver, but at 4", and with only a few small square nails in the immediate vicinity, I almost passed it up. I spent a little time on it before digging, a sporadic two way hit at best, turn 90° and it was gone. But being a field hunt I typically dig all nonferrous signals. Would have been a good one to get on video. I guess I'm spoiled with using the deus and core...lol. Anyways, I thought the cleaver looking item was cool, and this site has some cool looking pottery. Hope everyone is having a nice fall hunt!

[i1383.photobucket.com] [i1383.photobucket.com]
[s1383.photobucket.com]
Re: Another short field hunt with the G2+
October 30, 2015 03:12AM
Love the seated, nice hunt!

BTW I think you'll really enjoy the T2 LTD, I had one and it worked great, but was too similar to my F75 LTD, so I sold it.

hh,
Brian
October 30, 2015 03:17AM
Thanks Brian, I really liked the F75SE I had a couple years ago. That sucker was deep, but very chatty. I'm hoping the latest dst version helps with that. Time will tell!
October 30, 2015 12:16PM
DST will run very smooth.
October 30, 2015 03:28PM
Maybe its time to buy a french or turk detector till the US wakes upsmoking smiley

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 30, 2015 03:34PM
triplehooked Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Brian, I really liked the F75SE I had a
> couple years ago. That sucker was deep, but very
> chatty. I'm hoping the latest dst version helps
> with that. Time will tell!

The F75 LTD2 w/DST is very stable and quite in all but the worst of EMI.
October 30, 2015 04:59PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe its time to buy a french or turk detector
> till the US wakes upsmoking smiley

I agree lowboy. I was trying to find a racer to trade the g2 for, but no one was interested! Funny thing was, I could have bought a new racer for a hundred bucks less than I paid for the g2. Oh well, at least I got to try one.... I got the 5" shooter coil with the T2, it should do well. I do miss my deus tho....
October 30, 2015 07:12PM
Nice digs Travis

always welcome a seated "anything"!
October 30, 2015 07:22PM
Thanks Wayne. She's pretty beat up, but I haven't dug a seated coin in, shoot probably a couple years now that I think about it...
October 31, 2015 01:40AM
I tested the racer and the F19 and the racer is better built and you can crank the sens way down and you can't on the F19

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 31, 2015 01:51AM
Very nice Travis.

You can always hold out for an Impact later.

Good luck hunting. It won't be long till it'll be a snowing and froze up in your necks of the woods---get the goods while you can!!!
October 31, 2015 02:14AM
I have the F-19 and it's the same as the G2+ just different rod design and comes with the 5x10" coil but I also have the 11" DD coil that comes on the G2+. They are very good machines and get good depth and have excellent target separation and dead on accurate target ID'S.
October 31, 2015 03:03AM
The impact looks like a winner for sure, David. I'm eager to try one as soon as they are available. 88junior, I'm not trying to knock the G2+/F19 as I think they are a solid detector and especially hot on low conductors, it handled EMI very well, and ran very quiet. I'm being honest here as to what I found with it and I'll be the first to admit that I'm picky about my machines. If I don't like it, it's gone. I don't have time to let a detector grow on me. The G2+ was not a match for me tone wise, and the signal (or lack there of) on the seated coin solidified my decision. We'll see how the T2 fares! Thanks for all the comments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2015 03:11AM by triplehooked.
October 31, 2015 03:33AM
Nice seated!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla