Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

T2 Classic

Posted by Fletch88 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
T2 Classic
October 30, 2015 02:51PM
Thoughts on the re-released T2 from those who have used one? From what I have read there may be a portion of the DST integrated into the classic.

Thanks for your input,
Walt
Re: T2 Classic
October 30, 2015 02:56PM
I noticed it had it's own .pdf Users Manual, rather than the existing one, though I didn't get round to scrutinising it to see what was different.
October 30, 2015 04:42PM
Reports from field users over at FM would imply that the newly released T2 has some form of DST or something that makes it much, much more stable and EMI resistant then the pre-DST versions of the T2.
October 30, 2015 09:36PM
I heard through a Friend they aren't as hot as the original ones.
November 02, 2015 05:51PM
I purchased the whole package extra coils and found it to work as good as one of the black units I had, I dug a 52 Rosey between 8-9".
Also I ran the sensitivity up to 86 with no chattering. I did not run it in all metal mode. But for the great street price I thing I have a good investment.
November 02, 2015 11:32PM
Thanks for the responses. I've got one on order along with a CORS 5" DD Point coil to try out!
November 03, 2015 12:40AM
The last T2 S.E.'s before the DST models were pretty quiet also even in BP mode..

I have used the latest T2 Classic .. it seemed slightly different..a little less SPARKY...

Hers the thing on the DST..I like the NO EMI but I miss th SPARK....

Seems we cant have both.and its a shame really..

I want Sizzle but I dont want EMI...I like working in the NOISE but I dont like working in the CHAOS..

fine lines...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
November 03, 2015 01:37AM
I had a V4 and V6 Omega and I hope the T2 isn't quite as sparky as they were. I didn't mind hunting into the noise but had no luck running te Omega's anywhere close to urban settings due to EMI.
November 03, 2015 03:43PM
It seems like there would be someone that you could ask from Teknetics or from a dealer who actually sells them if there were any changes made from the original T2 version. I miss my T2SE and I kinda of wish that I didn't upgrade my F75SE to the new DST version. I just figured out how to run it properly and then I went had it changed. Another learning curve. The updated version response seems to be mushy and not as sharp as the old version. It does run quieter and handles EMI better.

tabman
November 03, 2015 06:43PM
Tabman, can't you turn the DST off? Does it still seem sluggish if you turn it off?
November 03, 2015 06:50PM
shouldnt someone who is marketing these detectors be letting potential customers know what the story is with each release?

Kinda like Nokta/Makro do - which they have managed to minimize the 'guess work' when a product comes out

Surely its not hard for one of their reps to get forums up to date with information
November 03, 2015 07:00PM
Usually D. Johnson will chime in on some of the specific questions on a few other forums and make comments and suggestions.
November 03, 2015 07:20PM
Re: this:"....if there were any changes made from the original T2 version"
There will absolutely be changes, it's hard to imagine there haven't. It's known that search-coils have improved (shielding improvements, quiter operation, less EMI pickup). And the DST upgrade 'stumbled' because the new software wasn't compatible with the earlier issue circuit-boards, so there have clearly been changes there. I've also seen internal photos of the early T2 and a later model, and they are quite different in the way parts are placed on the board.

Microprocessors manufacturers tend to continually come out with improved versions of the same basic part - faster operation, more internal memory, lower power consumption. These newer parts become the new 'standard' part, and can end up cheaper than the older one. The older one becomes obsolete, no longer manufactured. It's not inconceivable the new Classic T2 has a faster CPU, and is able to do more than it's predecessor, eg. mild DST-type filtering, better low-noise performance...small improvements, while still being functionally compatible with the original. There may be other changes, perhaps cost-reducing ones.