Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Racer CoRe digs this year

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Racer CoRe digs this year
October 30, 2015 06:14PM
nothing earth shattering but all from well pounded spots...

almost all low conductors..a few indians in there..Even has my gold from the beach..and my previoulsy unkown token..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2015 06:27PM by Keith Southern.
Re: Racer CoRe digs this year
October 30, 2015 06:46PM
Love seeing that old brass, lead, and copper. Pretty impressive recoveries, especially coming from hard hunted sites. What is the round item with notches in it, directly above the buckle on the right hand side?
October 30, 2015 07:03PM
Thats a Umbrella/Parasol top..

The radials went in the slots .

Quite common on 1800 sites especially in the south...men and women used parasols to protect them from the sun just as much as umbrellas from the rain....if you were darkened by the sun you could be considered a commoner...and that would never do...LOL!!!

Most likely in my area they were unmbrellas ..as this area was Poor...maybe possibly a parasol for a woman on sunday though for church..

they eventually about 1880s-1900s or so started being made from iron...

the Brass ones turn up alot of 1850-1860 sites..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2015 07:15PM by Keith Southern.
October 30, 2015 07:08PM
Nice digs Keith
October 30, 2015 07:19PM
Very cool. I would have never guessed. I have found a couple, thought they were some kind of old brass hose connectors...parasol top sounds much more of a worthy dig. ...lol
October 30, 2015 11:35PM
Very nice Keith.

A question......just for gee wiz how much silver/copper was found at these pounded sites previously with other detectors????
October 31, 2015 12:28AM
Very nice stuff, I'd love to dig items like those.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
October 31, 2015 01:02AM
Folks I really believe a gold coin find is in the works for a Racer/CoRe user---sooner rather than later. With the detecting season now close to full bore.

My money is on either Lowboy or MRH. Wish it could be me.
October 31, 2015 01:39AM
I dig it Keith...love the smell of relics in the morningdrinking smiley

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 31, 2015 03:45AM
How far back you want to go???

30 years ago a good bit Even Llarge U.S buckles on some of the sites..!!

These finds are probably 7 or 8 Average per site now and about 5 hours average to get those few finds and they are tough to get..

That's why I HAVE to find machines that will keep getting a few more...

Most of these were the mid tones...Not many high tones..and not really deep just severly masked...

And yes these are Tejon DEUS GMP DTVG hunted sites alot of them..

One thing of note is the DEUS would dig more masked cuff Buttons out of these sites but not more weird shapes like the Racer is doing.

I feel a DEUS is your best bet for a GOLD COIN at this time statistic wise in thick iron...epsecially if its a 1 dollar coin...It will light that coin up in iron that other machiens are impervious to..Ive burried the doallr in house sites and tested over and over in iron..the DEUS loves that size ROUND low conductor even at decent depth of say 7 inches...

Keith

-Nikola Tesla
October 31, 2015 04:31AM
Very well done Keith!!!!!!!
October 31, 2015 12:29PM
great finds but I want a great silver coin finder.. Do not hunt relics here...now using a cz7 pro. E trac was the better but to heavy for a long hunt
October 31, 2015 05:16PM
Nice digs Keith, there's a lot of history saved in that pile.

Making those finds in a well pounded site, makes them just that much better thumbs down

HH,
Brian
November 01, 2015 02:04AM
Cal said it, a lot of history right there over many generations. WTG
November 03, 2015 02:30PM
I see a Enfield bayonet scabbard piece in there. I dug one of those years ago & didn't know what it was. Nice diggs buddy.
November 05, 2015 03:09AM
Thanks fella's!!

Keith

-Nikola Tesla