Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Impact

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Impact
November 03, 2015 11:25PM
I was not sure if these have been posted here. Anyway here they are:

Tom in SC
Re: Nokta Impact
November 03, 2015 11:29PM
I see DI 99 on the screen. Maybe that's equivalent to full tones on a Deus. You reckon???
November 03, 2015 11:38PM
X-Terra uses the 99 label..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
November 04, 2015 02:06AM
I want one! I like the straight shaft and grip.

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
November 04, 2015 10:39AM
Too many modes. They need to keep it simple. That was one of the best features about the Racer. I don't need to be second guessing my settings. If I want to to that I can get a V3i. Deep mode? I want deep in every mode.
November 04, 2015 12:29PM
Man that's a good lookin machine = I want one too!

And I see "frequency" which hopefully means you can choose between 3 or 4 different ones like on the Deus!
iSAT
Track
etc!?
etc!?

Looks like an awesome machine (Top end) which means she ain't gonna be "cheap" = I'll bet we need to get ready for sticker shock (comparatively speaking) VS like the Racer and the like...
November 04, 2015 03:21PM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too many modes. They need to keep it simple. That
> was one of the best features about the Racer. I
> don't need to be second guessing my settings. If I
> want to to that I can get a V3i. Deep mode? I want
> deep in every mode.

I agree with goodmore. I don't need to see the screen to set the mode with the Racer to hunt, it's that simple. What I don't like about the Racer is no iron volume adjustment and the terrible "s" handle. Love the pistol grip on the Impact.
November 04, 2015 03:56PM
I will hold my thoughts on the machine. I will say though if the different settings/modes can be navigated easy and fast----whoopee.

And to add, at least these folks are bringing out a new detector. Most of the older detector companies---sure they have brought out some new machines, but I think I will pass on the Go Pros, F22s, F44s, etc.....

And it also looks like these folks have been listening to customer feedback-----again whoopee.

Now where can I find the 3 pound etrac 2 or CTX 2?????

I think some of the other manufacturers had better get to hatching detectors---if they don't, oh well.
November 04, 2015 04:35PM
With the impact and the racer you would have the best of both worlds but yeah the racer does a lot with little more then just turning it on. But some of us like to fiddle and have more options and the impact will address that from the looks of things on the screen. Nice looking machine.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 04, 2015 04:42PM
You better not get one LowBoy. You've been on your soap box for the last several months and dozens upon dozens of posts about how the Racer and Deus are all you want in a detector. No need in upgrading or updating...you say those two are perfect as they are.
November 04, 2015 05:24PM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> You better not get one LowBoy. You've been on your
> soap box for the last several months and dozens
> upon dozens of posts about how the Racer and Deus
> are all you want in a detector. No need in
> upgrading or updating...you say those two are
> perfect as they are.

LoL grinning smiley
November 04, 2015 07:07PM
I like the physical design a lot. I think we are all going to be surprised at what this detector is capable of. One of the things I like about Nokta, is there are dealers now across the US instead of just one. YEA! Jeff
November 04, 2015 08:16PM
Looks really good. Anybody know when this is supposed to go on sale?
November 04, 2015 08:44PM
nice looking

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2015 09:55PM by skinner.
November 05, 2015 03:21AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> You better not get one LowBoy. You've been on your
> soap box for the last several months and dozens
> upon dozens of posts about how the Racer and Deus
> are all you want in a detector. No need in
> upgrading or updating...you say those two are
> perfect as they are.

Amen & Amen!!!! grinning smiley
November 05, 2015 04:50AM
I may have to sell the deus to get an impact I really like the company and how fast they move and all that stuff that makes me want a new toy...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

November 05, 2015 02:53PM
who will be selling this detector? thanks
November 05, 2015 02:58PM
sonny(IN) Wrote:
> who will be selling this detector? thanks

[noktadetectors.com]
November 05, 2015 03:15PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> I may have to sell the deus to get an impact I
> really like the company and how fast they move and
> all that stuff that makes me want a new toy...

I would not mess around. I would sell the Deus now. When the Impact nears release I think the Deus owners will flood the market.
November 05, 2015 04:33PM
I won't sell till I have a chance to see what this new machine can do and of course the deus is so cool no cords and can fit in my backpack. So light and lots of way to program it and I'm sure the company that makes the deus knows they need to get things moving with this new competition coming out. plan on taking the racer to a railroad camp that no one has hunted but me and see if it can do better then the deus did last year. And I will hit sites I have hunted for years to see if I missed anything

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2015 04:36PM by Lawrenzo.
November 05, 2015 10:04PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> plan on taking the racer to a railroad camp that no one has hunted
> but me and see if it can do better then the deus did last year.

I have a suggestion. Take the Deus to the same location and check if it can do better then the same Deus from last year...
November 06, 2015 10:58AM
I am wondering if it has notch capabilities and I wonder if it's target ID will be a little better instead of throwing most good and trash targets in the 82-83 range. I would love to try a Racer but that's the one thing that's kept me from it. Cause I hunt new and old sites that have their fair share of aluminum trash.
November 06, 2015 02:26PM
The display says Notch Filter, so I'd say it has notching.

HH
Mike
November 07, 2015 02:58AM
Mike Hillis Wrote:
> The display says Notch Filter, so I'd say it has
> notching.
>
> HH
> Mike

Thanks for noticing that Mike I guess my old eyes aren't as good as they use to be!!
November 07, 2015 04:37AM
You cant really make judgements just by those photo's alone -

Nokta stated that its a work in progress and until its ready for testing/release we really wont know what features the Impact will have -

I know for a fact that there are haters (from THAT forum) out their that regard this talk as hyping up a product before we even know its capabilities -

I hate to see a similar discredit of this detector like there was for the Makro Racer..........in fact it still goes on today, however its virtually contained to just THAT forum -

While others are now enjoying the benefit of the Makro Racer

<this is posted with respect to all>
November 07, 2015 12:30PM
I think this machine look sweet..... Nice rugged build and lots of useful new features that's already based on a good strong platform that is the Racer.....can't wait to get one in the field and put it through its paces.
November 07, 2015 04:40PM
The Impact looks impressive, looking forward to hearing more about it.

Paul