Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

No Confed. Reading

Posted by Shooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
No Confed. Reading
September 26, 2010 11:35PM
I know there are mixed feeling on the Conf reading I find if its reading real high it's right ' but you get a solid 80-90 reading repeated, sweaped at diff. angles but no conf at all and reading at least 12" deep, Dig it or not, I would dig but thats not the question keying in the data the mach. is giving me what is it telling me, computer telling me "have no IDEA" well @ least 6 times at the beach I dug it and it was a deep coin, mostly a clad dime, you might be missing alot if your passing up those NO-SHOWS. Any views on it.
On coin size targets beyond 8" all bets are off so ya gotta dig!
September 27, 2010 09:50AM
There is not enough signal strength for total confidence. This loss of confidence depth will vary due to ground conditions and other factors. Using modulated audio to tell the deeper stuff and digging is the only way to go.

Tom
Re: No Confed. Reading
September 27, 2010 11:52AM
Another thing about the confidence readout that I haven't seen mentioned a lot and that I pay attention to is when you are over a target that is bouncing between a ferrous and non-ferrous ID. Although I don't take this as an absolute, I do refer to "the average" of which of the two classifications it seems to show more confidence bars. Works fairly well in high iron mineralization where potential good deeper targets will usually show up as a bouncer.
Re: No Confed. Reading
September 27, 2010 07:15PM
The deeper the target (weaker signal strength)....... the less confident the reading.

A strong 'coin' reading (shallow target) ...that poses very little (or no) confidence......is usually a shallow steel bottlecap. Once in a while....it can be a badly iron masked coin.
Brad does the confidence bar work in all metal?
September 27, 2010 09:51PM
If it does thats cool!
Re: Brad does the confidence bar work in all metal?
September 28, 2010 02:03AM
Yes it does Tom and it also helps graphically show the relationship of sweep speed snd ID "confidence".