Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

For Sale Should Tell You Something.

Posted by Will Penny 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
For Sale Should Tell You Something.
November 12, 2015 11:41PM
With nothing better to do I went to ebay today and counted all ( used ) detectors from the Fab Five only.

Minelab ( 215 ) Garrett ( 183 ) White's ( 171 ) Fisher ( 123 ) ..................................... Tesoro ( 51 )

It would seem to me or someone new to the hobby, with a life time warranty, so few used Tesoro's for sale, that people who own a Tesoro are less likely to part with their Tesoro then the other brands.......
Re: For Sale Should Tell You Something.
November 12, 2015 11:53PM
Will Penny Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With nothing better to do I went to ebay today and
> counted all ( used ) detectors from the Fab Five
> only.
>
> Minelab ( 215 ) Garrett ( 183 ) White's ( 171 )
> Fisher ( 123 )
> ..................................... Tesoro ( 51
> )
>
> It would seem to me or someone new to the hobby,
> with a life time warranty, so few used Tesoro's
> for sale, that people who own a Tesoro are less
> likely to part with their Tesoro then the other brands.......>

I see it differently, if you go to the european outlets you will notice that in comparison to Minelab and Garrett there are less of the Tesora range on offer. Coupled with the fact that Minelab and Garrett are more widely distributed and sold per annum than tesora. Think of this way, Imagine I am a retailer I sell 1000 minelabs and 300 Tesoras in a year, eg, that would consequently mean eventually that the number of Tesora owners wanting to sell their machines second hand would be less percentage wise than the number of minelab owners wanting to do the same thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2015 11:55PM by Salt.
November 13, 2015 12:45AM
I know relatively nothing of the matter...interesting though. With today's attention spans being somewhat short,I can see the Minelabs being for sale simply for the fact that it does take awhile,especially for a brand new detectorist,to wrap ones head around what it's telling you. Though there are nuances to every machine that are evident given enough time using it, some "more complicated" units may be for sale because of the learning curve. As stated,simple numbers in the field do have a bearing on the for sale offerings,I'd imagine.

From the office of COMPLETELY unscientific information...
November 13, 2015 01:15AM
I wonder if the other three brands might be selling a lot more detectors? Hence, percentage wise, more to come up for sale? HH jim tn
November 13, 2015 01:26AM
There are lots of reasons detectors go up for sale

A person needs money

Or some sell and buy back when detecting season starts

A person want another detector that has a different strong suit

A person anticipates maybe a new release, so they are selling to maybe get the best price---before the market is flooded with the older had model

A person becomes ill or disabled to detect

A person could be selling a detector that actually belonged to someone who passed away

A person has bought the latest and greatest, and when they become comfortable with it,,they sell the older model

Some folks just like to buy them and try them and sell for really no simple single reason

A person sells because warranty period is about to expire, after selling they go buy the same unit new-- I.E.AT Pro water hunters,etc

I could go on, but why

And how many of the detectors in the Ops figures where actually bought new...

I look at it like this. If you'll read this forum, you will eventually see/know what works and what don't

Cheers
November 13, 2015 02:47AM
Tesoro is very small compared to the others,less sold less being resold.
Also tesoros are less expensive machine and therefore less money when resold,not as much motivation to make an effort to sell a machine that
You might make $150.00 to $300.00 vs a etrac or fisher f75 that could bring you several hundred $$$.
November 13, 2015 03:27AM
I feel its too early for cabin fever......perhaps Tesoro has a much smaller number of units sold....thus less to be resold comes to mind...
Think about it not much mentioning rel this brand on this forum....
November 14, 2015 12:36PM
Numbers dont always tell the story. You have to have some idea as to how many were sold........ heck for all i know Tesoro only sold 51 detectors lol. Our choices are greater than ever and people buy and sell more. When i first started ....... you kind of picked a brand and was limited until a upgrade came out. We didnt have the internet to further influence you to part with your money either. Word of mouth sells a lot of detectors.....well until you try them and find out they arent your cup of tea.

Dew
November 14, 2015 11:16PM
I'm to the point where I'm goin' to stick with my 3 main detectors that I know and have years experience with. I don't feel like puttin' in the time to learn a new unit. I will leave the buyin' and tryin' to someone else.
November 15, 2015 12:08AM
I would not try to read anything into those numbers.
I think they mean little to nothing at all.
November 15, 2015 12:36AM
I still hunt with a Tesoro Inca, first introduced in 1983, this thing is like the Energizer bunny, it keeps going & going & going.
November 16, 2015 01:09AM
Quite obvious imo. All the Minelabbers are upgrading to CTX's! smileys with beer