Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Switching search modes

Posted by Shooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Switching search modes
September 28, 2010 05:50PM
If I'm searching in DISC. and want to check the target in AM is there an easier way. Right not I'm going back to and Highlight the DISC bar, ADJ settings to move over th AM, then do that again to get back to DISC.
Re: Switching search modes
September 28, 2010 07:42PM
The only way on the f-75.
Can be done with the same hand that your detector is in. Use your thumb, highlite discrim pushing red button, then move thumb to the base of the knob where it flairs out at the very bottom and give it a little nudge..clockwise to AM, counterclockwise back to discrim. If that dosent work for ya, lean your shovel against your hip and use your other hand. Thats the easiest way I know of. I don't mean to insult your intelligence Shooter if I stated the obvious.
Shooter, was that you that found the 1700s half penny at the old farm, and you also found a Jersey copper...rare finds..good goin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2010 07:52PM by ozzie.
September 28, 2010 11:19PM
No I thought there might Have been a quicker way that was the way I was doing it. Yup that was me, found the NJ copper 1 day the next day found the half penny, I can see the "17" and the last 2 numbers are there just can't read them if I Magni. just blurs it. NJ copper shows 1788, that the 4th one I got this year, 3 at this farm and 1 at the old CYO camp, that a 1786.Theres a bunch of fields on this farm dates 1824 but the guy died and left to the town, he was the town lawyer, they can't sell it or do anything to it, and he made bird watchers friendly, they must cut the grass around the house which is about 3 football field SQ., that where I been digging the rest of the adjoining fields they won't mow `so thats really hard to do.First 2 days of rain so i'll be back there tomorrow.
September 29, 2010 12:56AM
For instant all-metal mode...................pull the trigger!

((( Just remember......the pinpoint mode likes to detune itself quickly.....so you may need to 'release' ..... and then reinvoke the pinpoint ))).
September 29, 2010 01:10AM
Those are the type & dates of coins I'm hoping to find on a farm I got permission to hunt a couple of weeks ago. The origional part of the stone house (been added on to) was built in the 1730's. It has a beautiful stone barn on the property that was re-built in the 1830's, with all the beams morticed & tennoned and pegged. The rafters in the stone house are walnut. The owner leases most of the 85 acres to a local farmer who mostly grows hay, so it is cut dried and bailed. The only small downside is, they dont plow it. So far, after a few short hunts I found one 1881 Indian Head Cent, one 1816 large cent and two copper coins that are in bad shape and unreadable. The unreadable coins are soaking in vinegar so at least ...maybe something will show on them & I can, with luck get an about date..cant de value them any more anyway. There are maybe 15 acres of woods on the property with a bottle dump that I haden't visited, yet. The owner is a very interesting gentleman who in his 80's, still goes skeet shooting once a week. His father was a pilot flying bi-planes up and down the east coast...no gps just follow the railroads. So he grew up with some big names in aviation and knew Amelia Earhart thru his father. Well I'm excited about this property and hope make some good finds...I'll keep yas posted....
September 29, 2010 01:18AM
I stand corrected, didnt think of that, thanks Tom.
September 29, 2010 01:32AM
But when you pin point as AM you don't get a VDI reading?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 29, 2010 11:24AM
Correct. Only a depth reading (signal strength). Yet, you can still audibly 'profile' the target(s).
Re: my oldest find today
September 30, 2010 12:31AM
As I said above about the 1730s farm, that I'd keep you posted about the finds.
Hunted for hrs, nothing but junk. I went back to the truck for a bite to eat, some water and a break. I decided to give it another go so I went to the front field. I got a scratchy high tone and not a solid signal at all....took a step away and re-thought,, ahhh, I better dig it. Six inches deep I see silver. I never saw this coin before, its not U.S, not Spanish silver, put it in my pocket and went on. Within 1/2 hr got a midtone, dug it, ahh U.S coin shield nickel. I went home and looked up the silver coin on the Inet. It's a 1696 William III Silver Shilling. I tried to find its worth but im getting all kinds of prices. On Cristies web they have one for sale for $19,000 to $24,000. On another site they have them for 160 pounds. Thats a huge difference. Does anybody know whats up with this coin?
Re: my oldest find today
September 30, 2010 01:54AM
Great find OZZIE wish you could post a pic on the site WAY TO GO!!!