Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Be careful my forum friends..

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Be careful my forum friends..
November 28, 2015 03:39PM
A CZ5 was just sold on the net and the fella posted on two different sites using the same pictures using a different name and in one air tested 11 inches and the other one 12.5 inches in an air test....Just had a gut feeling on that one and wish the buyer the best...
Re: Be careful my forum friends..
November 28, 2015 04:48PM
Is that in the usa

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 28, 2015 05:01PM
Yes and just a reminder.. may not be as advertised or seller is a scammer...info from contact on both of the ads...All done and may be the best used detector deal out there or the worst but it pays to be careful...certainly not going to interfere with a sale and its closed but just a reminder...it pays to deal with known traders...
November 28, 2015 06:23PM
That may have been the one I was looking at. It was advertised as being in great shape. It showed a pic of the control panel, and I noticed rust around the mode switch and the headphone jack........No thanks.
November 28, 2015 07:19PM
Oh $h!t. Hopefully that's not my deal I just made.
I only saw the add in one place and there was no air test mentioned in the add, but it is
Supposed to be "Near Mint".
Some kind of package is on the way. I guess I'll find out if I get an empty box for $410 on Monday.
Wish me luck.
Bryan
November 28, 2015 07:55PM
Bryan,
I hope your deal turns out to be one you are satisfied with.

I sold a coil a few days ago. The gent and I talked a bit.
Here's what I told him:

If I sold someone on this forum a less than quality advertised detector or accessory-----I'd expect the person to let folks know about it. Hence my credibility-stature would be done for HERE on this forum.

And overall condition is usually hard to mess up when describing.

But every time we turn on a detector---anything can happen.
But if I indeed sold a detector and stated it worked----then the buyer after receiving said it wouldn't. I the seller would reverse the transaction in a heartbeat.

Dan brings up a good point.

Might be a good idea to do a little investigative detective work,,,I.E. look at what they have maybe sold in the past with feedback, their overall post numbers as well as content.
And the old saying we've all heard before should probably be heeded----If the deal sounds too good to be true----------Well you all know where this usually leads...
November 28, 2015 08:07PM
The owner has been registered on the forum since 2008 with over 400 posts so the deal felt OK to me.
I have probably bought and sold at least 20 used detectors over the years without a single bad deal so
I might be a little to lax and trusting.
I hope this ends up being a fair deal.
I don't really expect it to be in mint condition because I think that term gets used a little to loosely by some people
but I do expect it to be In excellent condition.
Fingers crossed.
Bryan
November 30, 2015 03:16AM
Probably just boosted the depth on the other add,hopefully that's it.
I have been scammed just recently on eBay with a counterfeit Garrett pro pointer being fake,Garrett notified me when they received the warranty card.
Ebay made the p.o.s return my money and I keep the knock off.
Seller was "buti64"

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
November 30, 2015 12:23PM
Cant really go by a users name on these forums. Many of us keep the same user name...... but i know several who have a different user name on every site for some reason. Deepth...... well its like fish stories...... do some research and know what you are going to get.
November 30, 2015 08:45PM
I have had plenty of 'multi-forum sales' and e-bay sold detectors come across my bench.............. and the statistics/ratio of good-vs-bad units seem to be nearly the same as direct-from-reputable-dealer units. Yes, once in a while...... there certainly has been 'misrepresentation' of 'said' product.
December 01, 2015 02:38AM
Come on fellas sure many have different names on different forums and such. But when you E-mail or PM and the fella ends his message with a different name sounds suspicious to me. In any case advertising as 11 inches and then changes to 12.5 inches on same unit it certainly raises a red flag.....In any case be careful out there comes to mind lest you get a box of rocks...
December 01, 2015 04:16AM
Well the CZ 5 actually showed up!
Was it in "near mint" condition? Nope.
But I knew that probably wasn't going to happen.
If I were to list it, I would say good to very good considering its age.
Does it air test a dime at 12 1/2"? Kind of.
In my opinion no. In his, yes. Maybe we are both right.
It gets about 10" at best on a dime in 0 discrimination mode.
His claim of 12.5" I believe was based on All Metal testing.
He was nice enough to offer a refund if I wasn't satisfied.
I'm ok with the deal even though I might of paid on the high side for it.
Now if I can get it to warm up for a few days I might be able to take it out for a spin.
Ground is frozen but temps in the 40s on the way.
Bryan