Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Re-visiting FBS Detector

Posted by Fletch88 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re-visiting FBS Detector
December 02, 2015 01:50AM
Decided to try the SE Pro after selling my Etrac and CTX a while back. I was at my mother in laws rental house picking lemons and happened to have the Explorer in the back seat. I scanned around by the truck and bam I heard a beautiful "warble". I thought it was probably a quarter and out pops the beautiful gleem of silver! Then a Rosie! I never expected to find a silver here but stranger things have happened. I think I remember why I like FBS machines, they sniff out silver!

Re: Re-visiting FBS Detector
December 02, 2015 02:30AM
The one that really stands out with the fibs detectors-----Coil sweep can't really be too slow and one will still achieve great depth.
Can't say that about all the rest.
December 02, 2015 03:23PM
Indeed they may be heavy but that distinct warble really sniffs out the silver...One wonders why they done away with that distinct warble in the line that followed...
December 02, 2015 08:21PM
Nice find Fletch88 -

I still believe to this day if you ever wanted to cover a crime scene thoroughly, you cant go past a FBS machine -
December 03, 2015 02:19AM
Still the best at what they do. Definetely good to have in the arsenal. The tones, target ID accuracy, and depth are just so good. Hopefully one day we'll get a 3lb, balanced fbs unit. Minelab is leaving so much money on the table.
December 03, 2015 01:36PM
deadlift Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Still the best at what they do. Definetely good to
> have in the arsenal. The tones, target ID
> accuracy, and depth are just so good. Hopefully
> one day we'll get a 3lb, balanced fbs unit.
> Minelab is leaving so much money on the table.

Wouldn't it be great if it was packaged in a T2 style rod and handle? Oh I guess the CTX is closest to that!

I think they make twice as much as the next 3 manufactures combined so they have money falling off the table it's stacked up so high!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2015 01:38PM by Fletch88.