Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Check out the AT Pro Video

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Check out the AT Pro Video
October 03, 2010 07:03AM
5 part's about 1 hour long...the last part is impressive with the gold test

[www.youtube.com]

Keith
Re: Check out the AT Pro Video
October 03, 2010 12:38PM
Thanks for that Keith

A few points:

Thanks Garrett for having an International model with the wider mid tone section!

The standard mode has a slower recovery than the Pro mode, so I would think that makes the standard mode a bit deeper (unless there is a way around that with gain or ?). But the tone in standard does not modulate relating to signal strength (depth), that is a bit of a downer, you will have to watch the depth gauge.

The iron audio feature is interesting. So, you can be in pro mode and listen for the subtle roll of an iron bottle cap or turn on the iron audio feature and it is quite obvious. Will have to test that in the field and see how it works when hunting in iron (as how do you pick out good objects in iron, might not want that, just the roll might be good). This is a unique function (to me). Further nails give a typical low tone sound, so perhaps hunting in iron will be just like with another quick response detector. When iron audio is on you hear all iron, when off the discrimination function gives you a beep on the non discrim'd iron. (Like a single tone mode). The nail demonstration did nothing for me, most detectors will respond with a beep when touching a coin.

The Double D coil has blunted ends, and they say it will go deeper than the 11" size. So, this detector might actually go quite deep. Will be interesting to see and I really am impressed with this idea.

I am really interested to see the reports of this machine in the field.
About the coil...
October 03, 2010 01:40PM
The thing I thought I heard them say in reference to the coil was that despite the blunted ends, the effective field "reaches out" as if the coil wasn't blunted. If that is so, that will be a handy characteristic when hunting in corn (or any crop) stubble so that one can better hear what is under the rows. That could make a difference between hearing the target now vs having to wait until next year. Of course this needs to be verified one way or the other in the field. The rest of it.........well....let's see what it does in the dirt instead of the office.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2010 01:50PM by BuckeyeBrad.
I like to look at detector's as tool's and yes Brad
October 03, 2010 06:08PM
there might be some attributes that the AT Pro bring's to the table that us hunter's can find good use for...The scenario you talk about with the corn !!

I know from talking to the guy who Field tested it here in Ga. that an Eagle C Cuff button was found in a hard hunted area and the reason they are thinking it was located was because it was next to a tree and straight down beside it...The button was hit with the blunt end of the coil going straight down in the ground instead of say a concentric where it would cone in and miss targets next to an obstacle...

Dankowski mention's in another post earlier this morning about finding a Niche for the machine( Or any machine) and yes for certain I believe we may need to put this in the tool box ..

Is it the only detector you will ever need NO WAY! but it can be useful..and the price point is low enough I am thinking just to be able to hunt in some inclement weather or do a little relic detecting in some creek and river crossing's would be awesome...

I also notice the engineer has a grasp on what the public want's and his vocabulary/Phrasing sound's like a person who swing's...I like when he said Plow Point for large iron reference and call's it a machine instead of a detector...either he hunt's or he read's the forum's a lot...

Keith
Re: Check out the AT Pro Video
October 03, 2010 07:37PM
I noticed a small error on this test. If you keep nail and coin very close together you hear coin sound with every machine. Keeping a small nail and coin distance provides the correct result on a nail and coin test.