Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Eureka Gold for micro jewelry

Posted by Fletch88 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Eureka Gold for micro jewelry
December 09, 2015 10:10PM
Has anyone ever compared the Eureka Gold to the Gold Bug 2 for dry sand "micro" jewelry hunting. I know the GB2 runs at 71kHz vs 60 kHz of the Eureka but other than that how would the Eureka perform at this task?
Re: Eureka Gold for micro jewelry
December 09, 2015 11:22PM
"I've run the Eureka against a GMT for 'micro jewelry' in grassed locations not sand.
They're very close in principle but you shouldn't at all "trust" the meter display on the G"
December 14, 2015 06:57PM
The Eureka will work but the Gold Bug 2 will get the job done better in a lower weight package at less cost and with a more efficient iron disc circuit.
December 15, 2015 02:13AM
Thanks Steve and Des! After the GPX/ SDC combo came out I decided it was a much better value so I went that route. Not much prospecting in my immediate area but may look at taking a few trips each year to give it a try. I've always wanted to try it and the SDC seems like a game changer for small gold. I am also only 2 hours away from Atlantic or gulf beaches of Fl so may give it a try there as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2015 02:15AM by Fletch88.
December 15, 2015 12:32PM
Dont hit one of our can slaw beaches or you may be having way more fun than you want.

Dew
December 15, 2015 08:45PM
Dew, you are right I may just stick to the Excal. I've been down the extra deep Pi happy trail and always come back with an aching Back and pouch full of less than stellar "deep" finds!
December 15, 2015 09:04PM
SDC is the PI equivalent of the Gold Bug 2 and far easier for most people to master in mineralized ground. Not to mention compact and nearly indestructible. Good choice at that price, can't go wrong. Happy Hunting!!