Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-5 ARRIVED

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-5 ARRIVED
October 04, 2010 07:26PM
I received the CZ-5 today. I went to a local park that I have hunted several times with 3 different detectors and did not expect to find much. I came away with about 3 dollars in clad. I found the CZ5 to be very quiet, simple to understand, very easy to ground balance. Two way signals are a sure thing on targets, Dug a couple of one way targets, just to check , and came up with very rusty nails. I was running Disc at 1, Sensitivity at 10, volume at 10 and ground balance was around 5.5 . I found the unit to be fairly light to use, and easy to swing. I believe that this will become my grab and go detector. I also air tested the unit and found that I could hit a dime around 9 to 10", Quarter was 10 to 11" and a nickel was almost the same. I plan to go out and try the unit in all metal mode this afternoon. If anyone has any
tips on this unit please share with me. I now know why the CZ-5 holds it value so well, even though it has been around for some time.

Tom M
Sounds like you got hold of a good one
October 04, 2010 08:38PM
Some are impossible to hunt around iron with at a high sensitivity setting like that. Slow and sure will win the day with it Tom.

Congrats!

Tom Z
Re: Sounds like you got hold of a good one
October 04, 2010 09:57PM
Sounds like you are doing great with it. I recommend a Disc setting of '0'........so you can hear all of the iron. There's a reason!!!!!
October 05, 2010 12:33AM
I went back to the same park for about 45 minutes, just before the sun went down tonight. I ran the same settings but 0 Disc. I was able to hear the location of all targets and it helped me work around some of the junk. I found a token, 3 clad quarters, 12 pennys, 2 wheat pennys, one dime, and a 1989 Kennedy Half at 7 ". I really like this detector. Just a plain , simple, find it detector.

Tom M
October 05, 2010 02:38AM
NICE JOB!!!!
October 06, 2010 12:24AM
I contacted Fisher and aked if they could tell me the date a detector was made. Got a response back in about 30 minutes. Yes just send the model and serial number. So I supplied the info to them and again got a response right away. They said it was made before 11/23/2004 , Can anyone tell me the date that the CZ-5 was first released? They are also sending me a manual for the detector free.

thanks
Tom
October 06, 2010 12:58AM
CZ-5 released in 1992......and original CZ-6 was released in early 1991 (with 1990 prototypes on the street). OLD platform/detector......BUT STILL A BENCHMARK!!!