Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

analogic vs digital

Posted by liaso 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
analogic vs digital
December 13, 2015 12:49PM
did analogic detectors lose the battle with the digital? smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]
Re: analogic vs digital
December 13, 2015 01:22PM
Are you asking are the digital detectors more popular vs the digital????

Or are you asking which perform better.

I won't answer.

But this needs to be addressed I think when answering the question.

Some detectors have what seems a digital platform, yet they have analog control ( interface) with the user--- knobs and switches I.e Xp Goldmaxx, a very good detector.

So IMO there are at least 2 ways to look at this.
December 13, 2015 01:32PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you asking are the digital detectors more
> popular vs the digital????
>
>
> Or are you asking which perform better.
>
>
> I won't answer.
>
> But this needs to be addressed I think when
> answering the question.
>
> Some detectors have what seems a digital platform,
> yet they have analog control ( interface) with the
> user--- knobs and switches I.e Xp Goldmaxx, a very
> good detector.
>
> So IMO there are at least 2 ways to look at this.

I mean from performance point of view..
December 13, 2015 03:27PM
We live in a digital world but some of the oldtimers ae still killing them with analog....personal preference at best....
December 13, 2015 04:36PM
I like them both as Have an Etrac and CZ-3D,XL-PRO. The Etrac and CZ-3D are my big guns,But XL-PRO is fun detector to use as after all having fun is what it's all about isn't it? I tell you though for Deep Coin Hunting a CZ-3D or any Good CZ for That matter can Keep up with the Best digitals made Today. I can't think of many analog TID Machines from the past that can do that. Once again this is Deep Turf Coin hunting. Another Analog TID I always heard could get CZ type Depth is The Old Treasure Baron Detectors,But I never owned one so can't say for sure.
December 13, 2015 07:46PM
In my opinion, the answer would be no. If all you are talking about is digital screen on a detector verses an analog screen or no screen at all. Yes, the digital detectors do give some great information when deciding to dig or not to dig an iffy signal, but many good targets are left in the ground because of depth, masking, and target on edge because of low VDI numbers or unstable numbers that would be dug in many cases with an analog machine. There are so many good things that digital detectors seem to bring to the table such as ground grab for ground balancing which is quick and easy, but when you know how to ground balance any machine that you use, this is a simple matter to accomplish and the ability to hunt in a slight positive or negative ground balance on many analog machines can be a plus once understood, although some digital machines can now also do this. Being able to read the ground mineralization as on a Fisher F75 can be a real plus to those who understand how to use this to their advantage. Now the one plus that some of the analog machines posses over digital is the ability to impart more target information by the sounds each particular type of target gives off. This is learned more through experience and each individual's own hearing ability, but there is no doubt that as you learn these detectors you begin to recognize the tonal differences. How can machines such as a CZ of any model, an XP GMP, Goldbug II, TDI, Deeptech Vista Gold, or Excall for water hunters be considered outdated in today's world against their digital counterparts, just to name a few? There are great machines on both sides of the table, it just comes down to your personal taste and learning curve. Many people love all the bells and whistles of digital machines, more expensive and cooler looking machine, therefore it must be better. Many because it takes much of the decisions of machine setup out of their hands, many because it gives them more precise settings as they become more advanced with experience. The real answer is it comes down to personal choice. There are great machines on both sides of this argument....Now if you consider machines like an XP GMP or Deeptech Vista Gold digital although they have no screen to look at because of their fast recovery speeds, then the whole picture becomes skewed more to the modern digital machines. I have to admit to owning far more no digital screen machines at the present time, so for me at least the analog machines have not lost out to the digital machines...Stuart
December 13, 2015 08:01PM
thanks guys for your opinions,right now i have a deus but sometimes i miss the clear sound and the calm of my Vista Smart..

Liaso