Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ series coils

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ series coils
October 07, 2010 06:07PM
I am looking at the 10.5" coil for the CZ-5 detector. I would like to have some input from anyone if this would be a wise purchase or a waste of money. Will it increase the depth? I know I will be able to cover more ground over the stock 8" coil.

Thanks
Tom in SC
Re: CZ series coils
October 08, 2010 01:01AM
If you are going to beach hunt or relic hunt in open fields, it is a good investment. The 10.5 inch coils can be found used at very good prices. You do get a depth advantage as well. If you mainly hunt trashy parks, tot lots, sidewalk cut outs, etc. I would say go the other way and get the 5 inch coil.
October 08, 2010 01:32AM
It's worth your time/money......especially in areas of medium trash......to no trash. Does indeed go deeper than stock 8" coil.
October 10, 2010 04:57AM
You will notice an increase in weight. It does cover more ground, but I found it to be a bit of a work out. I imagine you get used to it, but I was on pretty rough ground and it was a handful. I haven't used it enough to make a call, but I got mine to use at the beach. I tried it in a hunted out spot and did indeed produce some new targets in an area I thought was mostly hunted out.

Don
HH