Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Well after 40 years I found my first GOLD coin hot smiley

Posted by silverhound 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Well after 40 years I found my first GOLD coin hot smiley
December 15, 2015 05:42PM
40 years is awhile to wait but you did it Ray! I wouldn't have a clue how to react to that find,hopefully you didn't hurt yourself...smiling bouncing smiley
C
O
N
G
R
A
T
S
!
December 15, 2015 08:14PM
Wow, congrats. What a trophy find. HH jim tn
December 15, 2015 10:28PM
Sweet,I've have heard many times the tiny dollar gold coin had to be near the surface to find one.
Looks to be 4.5"-5" deep to me. Speaks for you and machine.
Congrats.smileys with beer

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.
December 15, 2015 10:48PM
congrats on a great find.....smileys with beer
December 15, 2015 10:51PM
Awesome find Sir!!!
December 15, 2015 11:12PM
Awesome!!! It's beautiful!!! Super!!!!
December 15, 2015 11:41PM
Awesome! Good to see someone find a Gold Coin who's paid His due's.
December 16, 2015 12:27AM
Good job, bro. I would probably dig every signal for a week after a find like that!
December 16, 2015 12:30AM
Exquisitely well done!!!! Congratulations!!!!
December 16, 2015 03:40AM
Thanks for all the kind words and I truly hope all who are still looking for their first one finds it soon. Went back today and found a 1856 o halfdime and some CW bullets. I have hunted the site many times over the years and it has given me several firsts including a silver 3 cent piece, seated half, bust half dime and now the gold piece .
December 16, 2015 06:59AM
Nice finds!! Congrats on the 1st gold coin. I had no idea how tiny they were until I bought one. I thought the half dime was small...sheesh.
December 16, 2015 01:17PM
Congratulations Ray!!
December 16, 2015 01:45PM
Awesome!! You just won metal detecting! May want to change your user name to SilverGoldhound. Congrats! !!
December 16, 2015 02:09PM
Awesome find. That will be tough to top. I hope to knock one of them of my bucket list one day.
December 16, 2015 07:18PM
Of all the coins in the world that can be found............... the Type-1 U.S. $1.00 Gold coin is my #1 dream coin to find. A 3-Cent Nickel is #2 quest. A $20 Double Eagle is way down the list. The $1 Gold coin was lost in MUCH larger quantities over the $20 Double Eagle; yet, is such a challenge to find.............. as you so so artfully witnessed with your '27' VDI ID in the ground...... in a real-world, real-dirt environment/situation....... in carpets of nails......... where large volumes of human activity cohabitation existed. Millions of these coins were lost. Most of them were lost in high-human-travel/cohabitation sites....... where there IS..... and WILL BE...... lots of iron........ and will have severe handicaps in detecting with current-day technology. A few new-technology detectors on the current/open market today...... are JUST STARTING to open up areas (with 2% or 3% success) in the unmasking arena........ that have never been opened up in the history of humankind.

CONGRAT'S!

And I bet that Half-Dime that you just found.... ALSO did not quite ID correctly in those ever-so-common carpets of nails!

I STRONGLY recommend you try 18-Khz (with 9" coil) right where you found the Half Dime and $1 gold!!! (You will soon see 'why' ).
December 17, 2015 01:00AM
I wonder how a Sorex Pro would do hunting for these $1 coins?
December 17, 2015 03:19PM
She is a beaut! Congrats!!!!!!!smileys with beer