Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best Place to sell Diamonds?

Posted by jamt225 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Best Place to sell Diamonds?
October 10, 2010 07:08PM
Anyone have suggestions on where the best place to sell diamonds?

Found this anyone have anything to add. Thx

[priceofdiamonds.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2010 08:51PM by jamt225.
Selling diamond yourself is a tricky thing
October 10, 2010 09:26PM
First off you gotta realize you will never get anywhere near what a jeweler would charge. The first is you have to know exactly what you have size and quality wise. If you ebay them an appraisal is a most if you want to get the best pssible price. You can't just say they look clean and are about (insert approx ct. size)

I once ebayed 30 nearly flawless princess cut diamonds that totaled about 3.5 cts and did OK despite the fact there was no appraisal. A respected jeweler was floored by the quality and being able to state that helped I'm sure. That, some luck and a good ebay rating didn't hurt either. LOL

BTW those diamonds came from a single 14K white gold earring. I bet the gal that lost it was upset! LOL

Overall, unless you have something really outstanding size and quality wise, diamonds prices are not what most would like to think on the used market.

Tom
Re: Selling diamond yourself is a tricky thing
October 11, 2010 12:45AM
From what I'm hearing, have it professionally graded and certified, then try to market it to someone you know. They'll get a good deal and you'll both be ahead in the transaction. Need to be careful which females see your finds! ......................

This may also be a good topic for a future essay on Toms forum. "How to market and get the most $ from your finds."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2010 12:48AM by jamt225.
Re: Selling diamond yourself is a tricky thing
October 11, 2010 01:22AM
True!