Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looking forward to the impact

Posted by DigDugNY 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looking forward to the impact
December 20, 2015 05:01AM
I know it's been talked about a lot but I haven't really made any comments on it. But I'm actually really looking forward to see how the impact does when it comes out. I haven't tried any foreign detectors as of yet but if I have the funds when it comes out I might actually jump on it. What that company is doing is so out of place compared to most companies (in a good way), in regards to caring about the customers needs and staying in communication. I mean I have the Deus right now and that has the firmware updates which will be really nice as times goes by, but I just have a good feeling about the impact

If it's supposed to be a step up from the racer, then I'd be scared not to have one lol. I enjoy reading the comments in regards to this detector simply due to the fact that mostly everyone is excited and thats nice to see
Re: Looking forward to the impact
December 20, 2015 05:18PM
From what I have read it's not a step up from the racer a different machine

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 20, 2015 05:36PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From what I have read it's not a step up from the
> racer a different machine

I know it's still probably in the early stages which means nothing is ever set in stone... But i thought it is supposed to be geared towards coins hooting. What do you see?
December 20, 2015 06:44PM
I believe it will be a Multi layered machine..

Coins ,,,Je,,,Relics,,

It should be a flagship unit...

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 20, 2015 07:40PM
Keith Southern Wrote:
> I believe it will be a Multi layered machine..
>
> Coins ,,,Je,,,Relics,,
>
> It should be a flagship unit...
>
> Keith

That's what I'm hoping for Keith. I think they have a nice platform to build off of and will make it something special.
December 20, 2015 08:44PM
Will be nice to have a new multi-frequency machine out. What I'm most curious about in that regard, is, is it multiple freqs at once, or multiple selectable single frequencies. I hope it's similar in the frequency selection to the Whites V3i where as you can either select a single frequency or run multiple frequencies at once. That would make for a very useful tool. And make sure that 5" OOR and 5x10" coil is available for the Impact as well thumbs down
December 21, 2015 04:44PM
This is a company that does a lot of research before releasing a new machine..Even no the racer looks like a lot of detectors it's not and it hunts right up there with my deus...so the longer they take the better we will have a new machine that may go beyond what is out there now..but only time will tell

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

December 21, 2015 06:06PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
> This is a company that does a lot of research
> before releasing a new machine..Even no the racer
> looks like a lot of detectors it's not and it
> hunts right up there with my deus...so the longer
> they take the better we will have a new machine
> that may go beyond what is out there now..but only
> time will tell

Don't be saying "the longer they take the better"!-----You (we) will be waiting for it "forever"---like we are a FT multi frequency (CZ type) machine or a "pie in the sky" Tesoro Cazadore.-----Dan, Darrel, myself & MANY of us ole bucks ain't getting no younger!!winking smiley--------Joking aside-----Nokta/Makro makes a good detector---and I'm betting the Impact is going to be a good one (in more ways than one)---and a detector worth waiting for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2015 06:13PM by D&P-OR.
December 21, 2015 06:31PM
What could we expect?!!

Flagship depth for coil size on coin sized targets???

The TID at depth--this is where the break through will come ( non fbs) from a manufacturer sooner or later.

And if the Impact does better in this dept than other non fbs Vlf machines ---- game changer

But we will have to wait and see.
December 21, 2015 06:46PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2015 07:28PM by Cabin Fever.
December 21, 2015 07:09PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
> What could we expect?!!
>
> Flagship depth for coil size on coin sized
> targets???
>
> The TID at depth--this is where the break through
> will come ( non fbs) from a manufacturer sooner or
> later.
>
> And if the Impact does better in this dept than
> other non fbs Vlf machines ---- game changer
>
> But we will have to wait and see.

I agree.
Accurate ID at depth is what I'm looking for.
I would love to replace my CTX which seems to be king in this regard,
with a lighter machine that doesn't need coils that cost the same as some detectors.
We don't need just another detector that can run around and pluck targets at 5 or 6 inches.
There are a lot of detectors on the market that do that very well.

I want a light detector that can ID a silver dime at 8" in mineralized ground constantly.
Bryan
December 21, 2015 07:53PM
A light weight machine that could ID a silver dime correctly to 10 or 12 inches in red dirt...and also work great in modern trash sites with can slaw, foil, etc...that would be a major break through and a home run.

If the same machine had a mode you could go into that made it like a GMP or maybe even better for pulling non ferrous items out of thick iron and tin...it would be a grand slam home run.

Will it be the Impact? Who knows. All we have seen are pics. Just like pictures of food on a tv box dinner or menu at an eating establishment...it all looks good in pics. But you don't know how it tastes until the first bite.
December 22, 2015 04:06AM
Daniel Tn Wrote:
> A light weight machine that could ID a silver dime
> correctly to 10 or 12 inches in red dirt...and
> also work great in modern trash sites with can
> slaw, foil, etc...that would be a major break
> through and a home run.
>
> If the same machine had a mode you could go into
> that made it like a GMP or maybe even better for
> pulling non ferrous items out of thick iron and
> tin...it would be a grand slam home run.
>
> Will it be the Impact? Who knows. All we have
> seen are pics. Just like pictures of food on a tv
> box dinner or menu at an eating establishment...it
> all looks good in pics. But you don't know how it
> tastes until the first bite.

You are correct in that pics are just pics... It will really get interesting once more stats come out about it and then when people can start testing it. Thats when things will definitely kick off
December 22, 2015 10:15AM
If they resolve the target ID as far as 82's and 83's and keep it south of a grand the Impact has the potential to be a real game changer. I've been waiting a long time for Minelab to feel heat from a lower priced coin shooting detector. But in order for that to happen it has to perform.
December 22, 2015 04:31PM
2016 is only a stones throw away it is worth the wait to see what they come out with...not like fisher that takes years to really do nothing

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

December 22, 2015 07:53PM
The Impact may be really well named of it is the breakthrough we are hoping for. It is hard to imagine what is keeping Fisher from coming out with their promised new tech. I fear the world may pass them by if they don't risk the release. "Faint heart never won fair maiden" is probably before most of your time, but you get the idea. cool smiley

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
December 23, 2015 04:31PM
When fisher comes out with something new it may be too late for huge sales

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

December 23, 2015 08:54PM
Please.undo your post. Fisher might scrap.everything they've been working on. Why are younsuch a Fisher / US hater? We all.know your thoughts on the deus the racer the impact etcno need to keep on and on.
December 23, 2015 09:31PM
Bflo Wrote:
> Please.undo your post. Fisher might
> scrap.everything they've been working on. Why are
> younsuch a Fisher / US hater? We all.know your
> thoughts on the deus the racer the impact etcno
> need to keep on and on.

Who is this to?
December 23, 2015 09:31PM
not like fisher that takes years to really do nothing

F75, F75 LTD, F75 LTD/DST, F70, F5, F4, F2, F11, F22, F44, Gold Bug Pro, F19,

T2, T2 LTD, T2 LTD/DST, Omega 8000, Alpha, Delta, Gamma, G2, G2+ Eurotek, Eurotek Pro, , Omega 8500, Digitek,

All this since 2005. 10 years to build two complete product lines that never existed before, with enough different feature sets to allow you to find the one that suits you best. And that list doesn't include the BH line changes, or the personal label models.

And as they continue to figure stuff out they update the units instead of just shelving the learning.

I would think anyone involved with this at 1st Texas is pretty proud of what they have accomplished in 10 short years. I know I would be and I would be expecting their company to be celebrating it.

HH
Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2015 09:32PM by Mike Hillis.
December 23, 2015 09:59PM
Well Mike you nailed it.

In some's mind the new names and the newer available.detectors from certain manufacturers--- one can get lost a bit with th facts.

And let"s not forget, the units say that preceded the Racer and CoRes---- they were indeed available here, but didn't get much attention--- and some here know why.

At least FTP has the ergonomics down moreso than some.

They will come through, and I think Garett will too.

There is one I worry is really struggling, but won't mention.

We should all be thankful we are able to detect.
And talk to one another on this great forum.
December 24, 2015 01:29AM
Lowboy. It was sarcasm
December 24, 2015 02:30AM
I understand there are some who have their opinions about detector brands... I personally own a F75 Ltd/DST myself and enjoy it. But with due respect I don't want my post about the nokta impact to turn into one about Fisher.
December 24, 2015 04:42AM
I've been very happy with the F75 LTD2 and Racer, it's a great combination to clean out a site.
December 24, 2015 10:06AM
I am the resident Fisher Fan Boy in our MD club. I have owned several Fs, Classics, CZs and sister machines. But I am weary waiting on the promised PI, CZ and hoped for waterproof releases.
>grinning smiley<

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
December 24, 2015 02:14PM
That is just it Pasttom. Fisher never releases what people want. Oh I'm sure if you put 25 people in a room you will get at least 10 different answers on detectors. But isn't it time for something new? We joked many times about the same detector in a new box coming from them, but it is funny only because there is truth behind it. We all have been waiting for that beach detector that doesn't weigh 10 lb like the CZ21 which is the CZ20 with a newer button. 15 year technology. Hey look at Minelab. Same thing. How old is the fragile Excal design? It got so bad there that we started modding them ourselves. Pinpoint mods. Headphone mods. Which takes us back to Nokta. THEY LISTEN! The game has changed. No more regulated news and controlled field reports from the manufacturers in detecting magazines. We have the net and if you continue to resist the desires of your customers they will find some where else to buy. It could be XP in France. It could be Nokta in Turkey.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2015 03:01PM by goodmore.
December 24, 2015 02:19PM
I hope the impact has a depth meter. It really compliments TID.
December 24, 2015 10:28PM
Nothing is set definitely, but it is 99% sure to be a number during PP like the Racer.

Past(or)Tom
December 24, 2015 11:40PM
The problem with that is, who wants to pinpoint everything they come across? Not me.
December 25, 2015 03:30AM
Beyonder-Pa Wrote:
> I hope the impact has a depth meter. It really
> compliments TID.

It is actually a nice feature on a machine in disc mode. I tend to crank the gain on a machine and lose modulation, I often forget to look, but its a tool thats nice when coin digging with FBS.

I do hope the pinpoint is improved over the racer. I have to ratchet it down often with the stock coil, sometimes I have to pullit a few time to get it to act right. Also its dumb to have PP that isnt deeper than disc mode. Thats one thing whites gets right, I love the all metal/PP of the V machines. Id lock the V3i in PP and hunt sometimes.