Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus users.....Fasten seat belts???

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus users.....Fasten seat belts???
December 21, 2015 04:15AM
I guess we could be in for some excitement.

[www.findmall.com]
Re: Deus users.....Fasten seat belts???
December 21, 2015 04:24AM
I'm looking forward for the elliptical and higher kHz, this may turn out to be a good nugget hunter and better relic machine.

Great news for sure thumbs down
Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2015 04:24AM by Old California.
December 21, 2015 04:28AM
Paul, I'm thinking some extra performance with even the older original coils. Could it be depth??? Or separation/ unmasking??? Or al 3...

We'll soon find out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2015 04:29AM by tnsharpshooter.
December 21, 2015 06:02AM
I've been thinking about selling my Deus for a while now. I'm waiting for the full reveal of V4 and the new coil first.
December 21, 2015 10:08AM
i hoot in derision at the deus as my humble cheap delta is better .on sunday i did an area that had been done with the deus and found nothing, with the delta again and turned up coins and artifacts , and on my test garden the delta beats the deus hands down as the TID is so lousy on the deus , i keep the deus for clean sites only . they have lost their advantage now that the deteknix wifi phones are available
December 21, 2015 01:16PM
Because I am as much a prospector as a coin and relic hunter I am very excited about the update and new coil. I hope for a much improved goldfield program combined with the small elliptical coil/ higher khz options. Then the Deus could be at/near the top of the heap for VLF gold nugget detectors.
XP has earned my business by being the first to offer continuing updates with additional functionality on a superb lightweight , wireless detector. I am no FAN BOY of any metal detector manufacturer( well maybe Minelab for their gold nugget detectors) I just use what ever works the best for me in my conditions. All scoffing and hooting aside, IMHO the Deus kicks a$$ and will continue to do so for some time as XP rolls out more cutting edge technology.
December 21, 2015 02:54PM
Looks like 2016 is shaping up to be the year of Deus 4.0 (and 5x9) vs Nokta Impact....

Price/Performance ratio will be what I'm interested in as I'm sure both will be very good...

I really am hoping the Deus will step up....I already think the Impact is assured to be a winner, especially at a sub $1000 price...

looks like 2016 should be a good year for new product releases...and one of these years a new Fisher flagship should happen, haha
December 21, 2015 05:00PM
I believe as with all things , when there are those who have dogs in the hunt there's also snake oil to be sold.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
December 21, 2015 06:11PM
I don't think the Deus has really ever been over hyped--- even by the lead.

It is what it is.
Ashamed a USA maker hasn't created something similar.

Xp seems like a serious detector manufacturer.

And to think, how many would actually pay for an upgrade. I would, and I think many more would too.

Xp is breeding brand loyalty here--- in a big way------- very smart.

So far it seems all their version updates have been helpful, this version update though is coming with more of a break in time, so maybe the performance increases noted will be even more breath taking.

I like Xp--- can't you tell.

Maybe we should asked Apple to make us a detector--- might indeed work. Or maybe someone like White's could team up with them and produce.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2015 06:22PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 21, 2015 06:38PM
The V4 + new coil would have to be ground breaking to persuade me to purchase a Dues, my eyes are really on the Impact at this point. Also lets not forget that First Texas is also rumored to be releasing new flag ship machines in 2016 as well (aka CZX and Mocha) . I haven't written off First Texas, I think they've done a pretty good job with their LTD2 T2/F75 upgrades given it was a ten year old platform to start with, but I suspect they have something much better in the works given the engineering team they've assembled.

Interesting times indeed.
December 22, 2015 01:45AM
The only problem XP will have is they will give you the update which is great but the coils are expensive. If nothing is done to improve the ID it's just another update.
December 22, 2015 01:51AM
ID is rather poor to say the least but as a relic machine at relic sites with minimal modern trash it is hard to beat. Even more so for me now that mine gave me my 1 dollar gold coin smiling bouncing smiley
December 22, 2015 02:09AM
Another 4 to 500 for a coil? For what? Andy makes his living dragging the Deus Tit across the internet. With his books and seminars his opinion is tainted. Yes the Deus is good at separating conductive targets from iron. But now there is other choices.
December 22, 2015 02:26AM
Goodmore,
I'm missing something as far as your comments.

So if a detectorists writes a book on detecting or a specific detector

Or they hold seminars

They can't be unbiased or provide some accurate info???

I thought our very own host here, Mr Dankowski does seminars and he has wrote books--- Tom seems like an up and up kinda guy, to me anyway

And I should say if you will go look at what Mr Sabisch has indeed said about the up and coming coil and version 4.0---- his comments indeed are in responding to another forum member ( detectorist)

He didn't outright post about the new comings with Deus

Now for the folks who hold seminars and write books--- no one is held at gun point to either attend or purchase

And the folks that do such things as you mention--- they do have to eat.

My old 83 year old mother- in- law has taught me a valuable lesson in life,,,,

It goes like this,,," Most times in life when communicating about another person, if you have nothing good to say, better to say nothing at all".
December 22, 2015 02:33AM
I had two DEEP plates get dug beside me this weekend with a 11" coil equipped deus. A box plate at a measured 20", and a breast plate at a legit, measured and helped dig the hole at 19". A lot of the relic guys around here have been raving about digging large brass at deep depths for a while now. Having seen some 13"-14" minies dug by my good buddy on several occasions, I do think people sleep on the machines. They arent just iron pickers like many label them. They have the ability to go into a target rich site AND pick targets deep, almost like a FBS but much faster obviously.

Ive ran the racer alot this year. In fact the grip and arm strap are about shot from use. Its a great machine for the price, but it cant "roll" off a target and hit deeper targets in its close vicinity like some units, its weird in a way. I ran a core and it was similar. Im waiting on the impact patiently, hopefully its different from the other turkish units in that regard, maybe lower freqs will help. But the deus is looking like the absolute cream of the crop if youre an old site hunter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2015 02:35AM by deadlift.
December 22, 2015 02:41AM
Deus was the only detector I sold, that I really missed...bad! So just bought another, with the 11 inch coil, preparing for release of the 5x10. Running it the way I do, cant imagine anyyhing better in iron...zero disc, full tones...probably not for everyone.
One yhing
December 22, 2015 03:10AM
I have stuck with my 9" coil, had the 11" sold it.. but for my type of hunting and iron I use at least 5.0-6.5 disc and iron vol of about 3-4 I want to hear the iron. Also I turn down my power to about 50-65 and have my recovery when hunting in lots of iron at 3 - 4...lots of clipping so slow down and listen to the tones. The new update... I will have to see what it will do on the deus...so far my Racer can keep up with the deus and is as deep. The impact may trump the deus but we will cross that bridge when it's released. There are other machines out there but so far and at my age I kind of like sticking with two detectors and really tearing them apart as far as what they can do for my type of hunting. I can't really beat the 5x10 on the racer for a lot of hunts and on the deus I have a great program that really is deep. I use a reactivity of 2 for almost all my hunts less it's a carpet of nails. The impact may replace the deus depending on what it does. I would like to hunt with someone that has a high end minelab or other machine and compare targets to see if I'm missing anything or if I need to pay way more attention to iffy targets that another machine give a better tone on..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 22, 2015 07:12AM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another 4 to 500 for a coil? For what? Andy makes
> his living dragging the Deus Tit across the
> internet. With his books and seminars his opinion
> is tainted. Yes the Deus is good at separating
> conductive targets from iron. But now there is
> other choices.

Probably not the best choice of words but nobody can accuse you of being inarticulate. Lol

There have been many people's reputation and creditability ruined because of being bought out in one way or another. Competition archery is probably the worse I have seen for it. There are people that will kick their dog and slap their momma for a 10% discount on archery gear. They call them "staff shooters". Not to be confused with the Pro Staff...these are just regular people that the companies lure in with small discounts and small freebies....in exchange for product endorsements. They will spew their dribble about how awesome said products are until the next company throws in something more...sometimes it only takes a free hat, window decal, or t shirt and suddenly the new company is the best and the old one is flawed. Eventually they do this so much that nobody believes a word they say.

This is very much alive and present with the metal detecting world as well. Except the staff is much smaller than the archery world and thus the giveaways are bigger. In our case it is detectors, coils, etc. This they get in exchange for talking up and or promoting on the forums, YouTube, etc. Some people that once had reputations for being honest and gun barrel straight are now on my ignore lists when it comes to posts about detectors, etc.
December 22, 2015 09:46AM
I've never heard a huckster hollering "Rotten Bananas"..... I have read Andy's book on Explorer, E-trac...very helpful good reads,,,are they great units, you bet they are. Will I find something I don't like about them, probably.
Andy won't roll with a crappy detector....so if he's endorsing it, he likes it......as far as I have witnessed.
Will some do anything for freebees, yep, but we've been around long enough to pick them out.....nothing new under the sun.
December 22, 2015 12:56PM
>
> My old 83 year old mother- in- law has taught me a
> valuable lesson in life,,,,
>
> It goes like this,,," Most times in life when
> communicating about another person, if you have
> nothing good to say, better to say nothing at
> all".

Your Mother's advice is credible when referring to individual acquaintances but not in the vein of a consumer advocate where a tamed tongue simply leads more down the path to hucksterism. If an individual constantly pimps a product simply to stoke the fires of curiosity and resultant financial gain , it's no different than the politicians who pass edicts after positioning themselves in the business world to gain from the results of those edicts.
I see none of that from Tom or Keith , hence their credibility is unquestioned

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2015 01:08PM by shoveler.
December 22, 2015 01:31PM
Well I guess I am guilty of pimping too---I'm the one who iniated this thread and posted the link.

Now it's obvious I'm not the most intelligent person who frequents this forum, but I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday either.

Some folks just don't like the Deus for different reasons.

I posted here about the future offerings with Deus-- to keep folks apprised

NOT to see post talking about character assassination.

If you have a beef with a person--- there are avenues for you to use to communicate with them stating your views/ beliefs for example. PMs

You know, remember the thread a while back, folks here were sharing their age and detecting experience
When I saw this---- the light bulb turned on for me

This forum -- a great forum btw, has so many veteran detectorists, wise older folks
A group of folks that indeed possess so much knowledge and experience

If we could bottle it all up-- My, My talking about a supreme detecting potion.

And if this potion were indeed sold---- count me in

And I sure wouldn't need a pimp trying to convince me to purchase.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2015 01:56PM by tnsharpshooter.
December 22, 2015 01:47PM
There is no character assassination. You trust who you want to about spending your hard earned money on certain Detectors and I'll trust who I want to.
December 22, 2015 03:27PM
the xp hoardhunter looks interesting though ,the original US made hoardhunters have been around for aeons so a lighter machine is welcome
December 22, 2015 04:21PM
There are those who pimp and then there are those who are pimped....I prefer to do or be neither.
I actually enjoy the Deus and I'm hoping the hype will make it a more easily sold unit after the update if it ever comes as I have found getting a decent price for one very difficult. It has fallen into the same category unfortunately as the F75ltd.

The hype for the Deus update has not been brought to this forum I suspect because the power of being a moderator is not extended to the shills. If someone requests expansion of the hype or speaks in any way but in sycophantic terms about the Deus on the form you have linked to , those posts mysteriously disappear. More reason to question the motives.
December 22, 2015 04:26PM
The proof is in the pudding so we will see when it comes out what it does the new coil won't really work for me I don't use 18kHz that much and I don't hunt gold

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

December 22, 2015 11:01PM
One thing about the Deus, you can down the new V4 and if you don't like it you can go back to the V3.x or even the v2.0. It is not like you buy a new detector and if you don't like you have to sell it and get the one back you just sold. I don't gold hunt with a detector, but I do gold hunt for rings. If it don't work for me I will go back to what I have, and that is a darn good coin and ring detector.
December 22, 2015 11:45PM
I hear the factory is saying this will be released Mid 2016 if you E-mail them...

No new news as of yet still the same thing, coming in 2016..still all speculation..

10 days ago
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

30 days ago
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 23, 2015 12:06PM
Harsh comments about Andy. Hes never steared me wrong. Andy uses the equipment he recommends or sales. Hes not afraid to compare machines and give advice..... Its always up to you to take it or not. There are those ..... so called experts who thinks its all about the sale, but ive not found Andy to be one of them.

Now........ are they ever going to get it WET to compete with the CTX?

Dew
December 23, 2015 04:27PM
I'll take the money the new coil will cost and use it towards the impact it maybe a better machine

LowBoy

[www.youtube.com]

December 24, 2015 01:01AM
The fewer the Deus's sold in the US , the less competition i have. LOLsmiling smiley