Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Did any of you get any detecting goodies for Christmas

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Did any of you get any detecting goodies for Christmas
December 25, 2015 03:22PM
Just curious what sort of detecting things you all got for Christmas. I had most of my family give me money instead of gifts this year, I am saving up for a detector. I am pretty certain that I am ordering a Teknetics T2 in the next few days, that is if I don't see a deal on something else on the forums that I can not refuse. Merry Christmas everyone.
Re: Did any of you get any detecting goodies for Christmas
December 25, 2015 04:44PM
I told the wife to hold off on the gifts for me. I told her I have been watching the Impact news on the forums. I hope it has a Spring release. I don't hunt that much in the Summer. Of course I still got the socks and underwear.
December 25, 2015 04:48PM
Only my health---- but this is good I feel.
December 25, 2015 05:24PM
I got some shocks for my truck.
December 25, 2015 06:12PM
tnsharpshooter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Only my health---- but this is good I feel. The best gift of all.
December 25, 2015 09:55PM
goodmore Wrote:
> I told the wife to hold off on the gifts for me. I
> told her I have been watching the Impact news on
> the forums. I hope it has a Spring release. I
> don't hunt that much in the Summer. Of course I
> still got the socks and underwear.

I got socks and underwear too. I feel like they are an integral part of my detecting gear, so I guess that counts! lol!
December 25, 2015 10:16PM
Wife got me a orange Garrett Pinpointer....I never said I wanted one, how did she know I needed/wanted a PP. The switch on my old one has been broken for a couple years now, still works, just have to hold it in when using it. Mind reader after all these years?
December 25, 2015 11:07PM
Wife got me a teknetics t2 classic with small coil bundle pack! She had me order it and she paid for it! It's only fair though, for her bday in august she got a little black palm sized boom stick that holds 6 of those shiny little things with 380 written on one end! And "i gave" her a brand new baby girl Dec 2nd for an early Christmas present! Ski can't wait to hear what you think of the t2! When you get it! Your the reason I bought a new euro tek pro! And I really liked it so I bought an omega 8000 as well! Guess teknetics should send you a commission! Hope everyone had a great day! Time to go make sure my cows get a little Christmas cheer!
December 25, 2015 11:07PM
Yep, sure did! Got me some Deteknx Wire-Free wireless headphones. Have not been out with them yet but have them charged up and gave them a quick test in the house and they seem to work really well. I can't wait to get out with them and give them a good try!
December 25, 2015 11:36PM
Keith Southern gave me my all time, number one go to, modified detector back just in time for Christmas.....
December 26, 2015 12:45AM
James/Texas Wrote:
> Yep, sure did! Got me some Deteknx Wire-Free
> wireless headphones. Have not been out with them
> yet but have them charged up and gave them a quick
> test in the house and they seem to work really
> well. I can't wait to get out with them and give
> them a good try!

James,
I'll be very interested to hear your assessment of these headphones after you have had a couple trips out with them and where you purchased them. Maybe Deteknix has worked out the bugs and the supplier has a shipment of good ones in stock. I don't want to have it hijack SkiWhiz's thread so put your review onto this existing one...thanks

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
December 26, 2015 01:16AM
I was hoping Santa would bring me a CTX, but evidently I was not that good this year. .... he did bring a Racer!!! Can't wait to try it out if the weather wil cooperate... Wayne
December 26, 2015 01:32AM
DirtyDimesDugDirtCheap Wrote:
> I was hoping Santa would bring me a CTX, but
> evidently I was not that good this year. .... he
> did bring a Racer!!! Can't wait to try it out if
> the weather wil cooperate... Wayne

If Santa brought you a Racer you couldn't of been that bad a boy Wayne. Let us know how you like it.
December 26, 2015 01:41AM
Nothing for me...

Well got some socks LOL!!

Of course my detecting goodies was what I dug up today!!However meager the finds were I had a ball all the same!!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 26, 2015 01:46AM
farmerboy856 Wrote:
> Wife got me a teknetics t2 classic with small coil
> bundle pack! She had me order it and she paid for
> it! It's only fair though, for her bday in august
> she got a little black palm sized boom stick that
> holds 6 of those shiny little things with 380
> written on one end! And "i gave" her a brand new
> baby girl Dec 2nd for an early Christmas present!
> Ski can't wait to hear what you think of the t2!
> When you get it! Your the reason I bought a new
> euro tek pro! And I really liked it so I bought
> an omega 8000 as well! Guess teknetics should
> send you a commission! Hope everyone had a great
> day! Time to go make sure my cows get a little
> Christmas cheer!

Let me know your thoughts on the T2, the Racer and the FORS CoRe was 1st. on my list but the T2 was in my price range and what I have read about them sound good. Farmed al my life except the last year & a half, sure seemed funny not to have to go to the barn to do chores and milk the cows before and after Christmas dinner. Having a "regular" job and no more farm work is great but there are a few things that I miss but alot that I don't. Hats off to all the farmers, been there done that and know first hand how hard of work it is with no where near the appreciation it deserves and alot less pay than a person should get.
December 26, 2015 03:20AM
Wife got me the Omega 8500 3 coil package. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone. HH jim tn
December 26, 2015 03:50AM
New here and new to detecting got the makro racer along with my father and friend that got me into detecting and the wife caught my "subtle" hints and got me the 5 by 10 coil to go along with the small hockey puck and stock coil and the killer bees hornet headphones!
December 26, 2015 04:05AM
One Makro Gold Racer Std. pack and a Minelab Pro-Alloy gold Purity Tester........ and instructions to go make use of it.

ivanll
December 26, 2015 04:41AM
killer B's headphones, headphone adapter for AT pro, Garrett Carrot , new waders and a straight shaft for my AT Pro. the creeks are calling,,,,,,,,,,
December 26, 2015 04:56AM
I am my own Santa. He brought me a GPX 4800. The Eureka Gold went to my step-son. My wife claims that she gave me the 4800. Go figure!
Oh, and I have an Explorer SE coming from Cabin Fever (Bryan) when it gets here from the wrong coast. Guess I've been really, really good!
Really, I have!!

Wayne

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?
December 26, 2015 07:17AM
I did some wheeling and dealing; I sold my Gold Bug Pro and a few coils, scraped a little cash up to add to it, and bought a near mint F19 -- and a new 13" Ultimate coil to go with it. Since 95% of the time I was swinging the GB Pro, it was in a relic-hunting application, I figured the F19 would be a very similar unit but a bit more tailored toward being a relic hunter.

We shall see -- haven't done any more with it than air tests and a little bit in the test garden.

ALSO, a good friend bought me a Predator Barracuda, as well -- VERY nice shovel!

Steve

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2015 08:26PM by steveg.
December 26, 2015 07:56AM
I bought myself a clean Mr. Bill Modded IDX-Pro
Been looking for one for awhile.

Happy New Year
Jerry
December 26, 2015 11:03AM
I own 9 metal detectors lol so didn't really need any of them but did get a predator raptor digger so looking forward to trying it!
December 26, 2015 03:25PM
Got myself a new updated version AKA Berkut 5, really like the one I sold back in June................and duplicated the coils I had, 6" round and 6x10" 14khz.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
December 26, 2015 06:00PM
Ski you spoke volumes in just a few sentences! I wanted a f19 or maybe the core but milk prices and the fact that we found a nice deal on the t2 influenced my decision the most. Will be glad to post thoughts here but I'm afraid it might be 3 months or so now till I can dig again. And lastly good to hear everyone seems to have enjoyed their Christmas!
December 26, 2015 10:09PM
My Mother came up from Alabama so I got a couple Alabama T-shirts. And a Alabama tooth brush. Roll Tide! And She baked Me a couple Southern Iron skillet Chocolate Pies. The Pies are a Southern specialty as people from the South know they make the Chocolate filling in a Iron skillet to give it a richer taste. I sure miss the Southern food! The way they keep closing detecting sites up here might just move down there as have plenty of land and Civil War sites to Detect. ROLL TIDE!
December 26, 2015 11:06PM
I didnt need any detecting equipment this year so I decided to give my twin brother a new CTX 3030 and Garrett Carot pinpointer for Christmas. He has a lot on his plate and gives all he has to take care of his family and never ask anything for himself. I know this is something he has always wanted but, would never spend that kind of money on himself. The look on his face and the tears in his eyes made my Christmas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2015 12:22AM by Mccrorysjewelry2.
December 26, 2015 11:26PM
I bought myself a present that arrived the 24th... so went out in woods on 25th for 4+ hours to try them out. Haglofs Rugged Mountain pants! Wow, what a difference compared to jeans... Besides being a super tough material that's water resistant, they have panels in the knee and behind that stretch. There was a few inches snow in the clear areas, so it was a good test. I had 100% poly fleece base layer, and was not cold. Super light compared to jeans too, felt like I was hunting in sweats. After a couple hours of knees in the wet snow the lower half saturated, but I didn't feel wet, nor did they feel heavy... and they dried quick, rather than overnight like jeans. From reviews, seems these should last a long time, and not wear out in the knees like countless pairs of jeans I've ruined. Not cheap, but less than a propointer if you search around. Thanks self Santa!!!
December 27, 2015 03:27AM
I had to hunt for my Xmas gifts but hey not being wrapped was a bonus and I did really well

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!