Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Last few days for swinging the Makro Racer:

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Last few days for swinging the Makro Racer:
December 26, 2015 03:15AM
Starr Carbine bullet.(as close as I can get to a positive ID) And a Rimfire cartridge case that is .60" at the rim. That is the largest rimfire that I have ever dug. A clock key. An ornately decorated piece of brass. And a 1907 Indian Head penny. If anyone can ID the big iron piece that is V-shaped.....that would be great.

I had to do alot of swinging to acquire these targets. They were all amongst a VERY thick bed of square nails and old red. homemade brick.
The homeowners are installing a sprinkler system and had about 1 to 2 inches shaved off of their front yard. I happened to catch them at a opportune time. They are very nice folks! My finds will go back to them as they are keeping their home historical. Used all old timbers and old bricks. Really looks good. The wife of the couple found a broken horseshoe and was completely freaking out about it and how wonderful it was. I've been hoping to find her a whole one from her land. Anyway.......Merry Christmas.
Re: Last few days for swinging the Makro Racer:
December 26, 2015 03:18AM
Nice grinning smiley
December 26, 2015 03:22AM
Very good Kevin.

Here in my area-- only fitting for ducks it seems with all the rain
December 26, 2015 03:50AM
That's a Spencer Hull Kevin...

Its .52 caliber...the outer edge is .60

Yankees Used them down here in 1864 like there was no tomorrow..

Thew were for the SPencer carbine 7 shot repeater..

That bullet is a Picket bullet it looks like..Another cavalry bullet...Yours look like maybe its A Cosmoplotian but I cant tell without measurement.s..Most of those were out of the St.Louis Arsenal.

Your in a late war site there it seems...

I like the shell motif keyhole!

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 26, 2015 11:28PM
Keith, the war here started in 1862. And I appreciate everyone's replies. Keith, I found another bullet at the same place today....a Two Ringer. I have included the measurements and weights for it and for the bullet that I had already posted. My only database is the "19th Century Bullet Collection" database. I need, and have been looking for one of those Early Western Theatre projectiles and relics books. I realize that I'll have to pay through the nose, but we are bearing down hard on the best detecting of the year. Anyway, here a pic and measurements of the bullet that I found today (two ringer) and the bullet with the single band at the bottom. Maybe these measurements will help you to help me. But only when you get some spare time. The bullets ain't going nowhere. Nor am I. And it should go without saying that I appreciate everything that you do for, not only me.....but this entire forum. Happy New Year!!!!!!! Kevin Blankenship

Both bullets have flat, solid bases. Thanks...Kevin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2015 11:30PM by Kevin B.
December 26, 2015 11:36PM
That top bullet goes in that shell you found Kevin.. Its a Spencer..

The bottom one is a Starr carbine..

Your in Yankee cavalry spot For sure Kevin..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
December 26, 2015 11:43PM
Kevin, real nice finds over that way. Cavalry items are always fun to get into. Good luck in there and HH
December 27, 2015 12:25AM
Thanks for sharing the photos Kevin, I don't see civil war relics where I live.
December 27, 2015 05:07AM
Thanks guys. And thanks for the ID Keith. Very much appreciated!! And thanks Tom41 and Hungarian!!!!! Very nice comments. Ocassionally, if I have been on a dry spell for a length of tyme, I will find some relics in fairly quick succession and feel compelled to share them. The pats on the back are okay. Nothing wrong with having some encouragement that I can see. But mainly, when I see pics of what others are finding......it really encourages me to get out there and swing.
On that Spencer Carbine bullet: I found that bullet using the small OOR 5" coil hooked up to the Makro Racer. It was in the midst of old square nails and bits of old homemade red brick. The VDI reading was like.....35,44, 63, 33.........it never stabilized. But I could hear a non-ferrous tone bleeding through the iron. I took a chance and dug it. Glad I did. It was VERY muddy today. I am hoping that it will dry a bit tonite. I'd really like to go over this place with a Deus w/ 9" coil and see if I can find anything behind the Racer and small coil.......just for my own knowledge. I have heard NasaTom say that the XP GMP and the XP Deus are able to (over-ride?) some laws of physics. I am not real clear what that means. But it will be fun finding out. Happy New Year to ya all!!! Kevin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2015 05:24AM by Kevin B.