Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Question about the T2

Posted by SkiWhiz 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Question about the T2
December 30, 2015 10:39AM
i have been saving up for a decent detector and the T2 is the one I have on my list. I have read everything I could find & watched many videos and what I sm wondering is the T2 good in iron/nails or not. 99% of the videos I have watched show the T2 "beeping" on a coin whether a nail is by,above or below the coin. I found a video I believe that was one of Keith's showing the T2 with a small coil and it didn't hit the coin (nickel) if the nail was anywhere around the coin. I hunt school grounds/parks for coins & jewelry so iron/nails isn't a big problem I am just curious. Thank you & Happy New Year! Steve
Re: Question about the T2
December 30, 2015 11:49AM
Hi SkiWhiz,

A Happy New Year to you!

Mid way thru 2015, I again took up my T2 (hadn't looked at it since ' 05)
I'm glad I did.

Yes. It's good in iron but a smaller coil would help things a lot.
The "issue" is the Bi-Axial coil's 'footprint'! It's too FORWARD....covers too much soil.
If it's standard coil was a round one it might be better?

Don't worry about what you see in videos especially those done with coins nails n' stuff on boards and on top of ground.
There's no 'halo effect' active so non-representational of [real in-ground activity]???

Good value on the newly released T2 but be sure to get a smaller coil too!

Just my 2c worth

Good Hunting

Des D
December 31, 2015 01:55AM
I had a T2 before I got the F75se. I liked it and now realize that there was enough of a difference to warrant keeping it. The wider iron range was something I didn't value enough on it. It was good in iron and seemed to lock on better with ID's (although I figured this was because of the narrower non-ferrous range and it was slightly less sparky). It may be me but it seemed to have different sound characteristics than the F75. I know the coils are wired differently on the T2 vs the F75 which is why they are not interchangeable. It is definitely a good machine even now.

HH
John
December 31, 2015 02:39AM
Dave J machines always seem to be a bit smoother to operate.