Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Little Deus action

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Little Deus action
January 01, 2016 01:02AM
Hunted a couple hours

Old site-- house gone in circa 1920

Carpet of nails

11" coil
18khz
93 sens
Reactivity 3, silencer -1
0 disc full tones

The Deus makes sites like this seem awfully easy-- at least to me

Btw an etrac with stock coil and CTX with stock coil--- hunted this site hard, yet targets still there

Re: Little Deus action
January 01, 2016 01:16AM
tnss------Congrats on the finds!-----Now--take your Racer with small coil---or---Tejon with 5.75 concentric in there & see how they do (please smiling smiley)----Sounds like a kind of site that would be interesting to see what kind of a "harmonious outcome" you would get by doing that!------Del
January 01, 2016 01:22AM
Del,
I will do,exactly that.
Meaning, take the Racer with small coil--- and have the 2 Deus with 11" and 9" coil on standby for head to head.

Makes for some fun and possible learning.

Will post results here in this thread.
January 01, 2016 02:30AM
tnss-----what I meant was-----beings you have been over that site with the stock coils on both the Etrac & CTX---and now have been over it with the 11" coil on the Deus----I just thought it would be interesting to see what (additional) good targets the small OOR coil on the Racer--and/or the 5.75 concentric on the Tejon would pull out of there (in that heavily iron nail infested site).-----Too bad they don't make a small coil for the Deus, huh!-----The "in the wild"/"side by side" you suggested would be interesting though particularly with the 9" Deus coil against said mentioned detector/coils (Racer & Tejon).
January 01, 2016 10:24PM
Very nice Tnss!

I always use full tones as well, compliments for your finds!
January 02, 2016 05:55AM
Great finds, TNSS!!!! I have gone over my 1920 home-site (but there was an older house there before) so therefore, there is ALOT of square nails, pottery, old red brick, in the front yard. I used the Racer with 5 inch coil for several days going one way and then the other. The Deus produced some more goodies. But I wouldn't put much stock in my head-to-head testing as that wasn't originally my intention......as I bought the Deus on a whim. Glad I did now. I think that I'll stick with the 9 inch coil. Anyway, great finds.
January 02, 2016 10:56PM
Same site same detector,, same coil, same settings.

Next detector I"lll use here is Racer and small OOR coil.

And here's the iron dug in the two hunts at the site.
Notice the shape of most--- a person will indeed dig these occassionally -- they do sound sweet at times, and remember when hunting in a site like this--- Deus is operating on a fine line of sorts. And when in an old site-- take no chances or very few-- hence dig...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2016 11:27PM by tnsharpshooter.