Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XP Deus will be coming to America in the future

Posted by earthmansurfer 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XP Deus will be coming to America in the future
October 18, 2010 07:43PM
I mentioned the question to XP and got this reply:

"Thanks
yes but the request in Europe and est Euope are too big to go to USA now, but ure in the future."

This detector might be faster than the T2 and F75LTD's. Judging by results it's on par with them. It is doing extremely well in Europe. Quite a few people prefer it over the V3i as well as the Etrac, saying it's depth is around the same as the Etrac's but not sure about the V3i (that is if you know how to program it for depth). It is much faster than the V3i - A user told me that, he owned both.

If you didn't know it has 4 frequencies (that can't be operated simultaneously and never will be able to - I checked with them, it's a hardware limitation.), is wireless and quite portable.

If you are interested I recommend you download the manual and see what this thing can do. By the way, the wireless thing is not it's selling point, really, the thing has been performing well. I personally don't like certain aspects about it, like the sealed battery in the coil as well as the brains of the machine there. That makes for new coils being expensive. I don't like the behind the ear wireless headphones either. But enough people have complained that they are going to come out with something more traditional, probably like White's.

I'm not connected in any way with the Deus, I don't even own one, though may pick one up next year but I'm waiting to see what Teknetics comes out with first. Hope Hope...
I just think looking at others technology is interesting and a fun read. I've read the manual a few times and it seems pretty nice the way the controls are set up and how simple it is. Not that complicated but very flexible.

Manual:
[www.eurocosm.com]

Forums that I could find:
[www.xp-ownersforum.com]
[www.xpmetaldetectors.com]

Field tests: (Yes, they are typical reviews touting it but interesting none the less).
[www.xpmetaldetectors.com] [www.xpmetaldetectors.com]
[www.xpmetaldetectors.com]
Re: XP Deus will be coming to America in the future
October 18, 2010 08:22PM
Ill tested Deus and own F75. F75 is wery slow and low depth compared to Deus. Ordered one but must wait 2 month.
October 21, 2010 07:04PM
Thanks for the links,earthmansurfer.

I liked the Reactivity graph in the manual. It is a good graphic of Recovery Delay settings and how they affect adjacent targets.

As far as speed goes, Marxionu, Here is a test. Take a hand full of number 3 lead shot and just toss it or scatter before you. The F75 will hit every single one of those. Will the Deus ?
(Warning, don't seed an area you want to hunt later smiling smiley

HH
Mike
October 22, 2010 10:47AM
Even old XP Goldmaxx Power hitted em at 6-9 inches. Deus is a 3 times faster and a half deeper.
F75 is a good machine but Deus is a better one and built to find cut hammered, romans and wire money (cut US dime to 4 peaces, size of a one peace is a wire money)
[metaldetectingworld.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2010 10:53AM by marxionu.
October 22, 2010 02:30PM
marxionu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Even old XP Goldmaxx Power hitted em at 6-9
> inches. Deus is a 3 times faster and a half
> deeper.
I know the Deus is much faster than the Goldmax as in the Deus manual the Goldmaxx program is on a recovery of 1 or 2 I believe and the Deus goes up to 5. But none of the Deus programs run at 5 and I haven't seen anyone on the forums going so fast, that would probably kill depth. That said, the Deus is not 50% deeper than the XP Goldmaxx. You mean to tell me that it will find small stuff at 9-13.5"? (That is 50% more than the Goldmaxx). I read the Deus forums religiously and never see that kind of depth. From everything I've seen the Deus is about on par with the Etrac, maybe just a little behind it. I don't know if the Deus is as deep as the V3i is (and I am not sure the V3i is as fast as the Deus.)

> F75 is a good machine but Deus is a better one and
> built to find cut hammered, romans and wire money
> (cut US dime to 4 peaces, size of a one peace is a
> wire money)
> [metaldetectingworld.com]
> html

I do think the deus was built to find hammereds as a part of it's specs, but the Deus is essentially 3 or 4 of the past XP detectors. The performance is not really better when run with those programs and this is coming from people who had/have those XP machines and compare it to the Deus. (Maybe be tweaking the programs you can get a little more depth.) I don't know how much better the Deus is than the F75LTD or if it is as I haven't tried either nor have I come across posts saying the Deus is superior (since the F75LTD is in Europe). I'd like to see some comparisons.

It will be interesting to see how the Deus does on American coins in iron rich sites. I have a feeling it will excel there. I don't know how it will do around trash, any ideas?
October 22, 2010 04:48PM
Trashi sites in my country means that 1000 years iron and nails laying there, i think we cant compare it with yours. I got promise that my Deus will be here next week, then i can test it against F75. I owned XP goldmaxx and it was amazing, cordless phones and 18kHz. I bought F75 because it has display. And numeric ID. Dont get me wrong F75 is a wery good machine and got me lot of hammereds but Deus is from another breed. I show you coins we hunt here on a picture. The smaller one is just like the tip of the needle try to find em on trash. Fisher gets em well, not Minelab machines. But thats why i need Deus. Sorry for my bad english.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2010 04:50PM by marxionu.
October 22, 2010 05:05PM
Thanks for the pictures, Marxionu.

Those are some small and thin coins. I bet you are excited to get the Deus. I look forward to reading your posts about it.

Your English is fine.

HH
Mike
October 22, 2010 06:21PM
marxionu Wrote:
> Trashi sites in my country means that 1000 years
> iron and nails laying there, i think we cant
> compare it with yours. I got promise that my Deus
> will be here next week, then i can test it against
> F75. I owned XP goldmaxx and it was amazing,
> cordless phones and 18kHz. I bought F75 because it
> has display. And numeric ID. Dont get me wrong F75
> is a wery good machine and got me lot of
> hammereds but Deus is from another breed. I show
> you coins we hunt here on a picture. The smaller
> one is just like the tip of the needle try to find
> em on trash. Fisher gets em well, not Minelab
> machines. But thats why i need Deus. Sorry for my
> bad english.
>

marxionu - Please let us know how the Deus does. It is pretty easy to set up and use so I'm sure you'll be happy there. Yes, it's a different kind of iron in America compared to here in Europe. I think the Deus will do especially good in America as if it can handle the iron in Europe it should easily handle the iron in America I would imagine.

What have you heard about the White's V3i in Europe? I am narrowing my next detector down to the V3i, Deus and whatever Teknetics comes out with next. I mostly hunt coins here in Germany.

By the way, I'm an English teacher in Germany, and your English is fine. Nice to have you on the forums giving that other perspective.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2010 06:22PM by earthmansurfer.
October 22, 2010 06:43PM
As i heard the V3 is too slow and complicated. Detectorists here prefer Minelab E trac more. I owned E trac, Explorer, T2, XP Goldmaxx Power once again cordless headphones its a joy, Safari, Xterra 505, And now F75 and F75 is my favorite now. . F75 has very good section to hammereds 29- 39 ID. Conductive range on T2 is too small to notch out trash. On a medieval site you shoult pick up everything but iron and here the F75 shines. It separates folium very well from hammereds T2 not.
October 22, 2010 09:54PM
Good thread. Looks like those tiny hammered silver coins are about the size of our U.S. 3-Cent silver coins (Trimes)......and Trimes are VERY thin. We don't see too many folks finding Trimes.......because most metal detectors have a difficult time detecting them........especially at the depth strata of this era of coin. U.S. One Dollar gold coins are even smaller.....and quite a bit lower in conductivity (VDI of '24' on F75)........and you nearly NEVER hear folks finding these tiny, low-conductor coins............even though they were lost in extremely high volumes......due to their size. The advent of the F75 (and LTD/Special Edition) ...... and these coins are starting to show up on the forums..........just barely. Most folks don't want to dig foil VDI '24' targets......especially if they are deep. Finding one has been a life-long quest of mine. I would MUCH rather find a Type-1 U.S. $1 gold coin ... vs .... a $20 Double Eagle.
October 22, 2010 10:38PM
"Most folks don't want to dig foil VDI '24' targets"
yep!! and i hope they keep ignoring foil and tabs and believing there detectors can with 100% acuracy "most of the time" correctly id targets.

the xp dues is a very interesting detector! would love to try one.
chuck
October 23, 2010 06:21AM
seeker41 Wrote:
> "Most folks don't want to dig foil VDI '24'
> targets"
> yep!! and i hope they keep ignoring foil and tabs
> and believing there detectors can with 100%
> acuracy "most of the time" correctly id targets.
>

Looks like you have all goodies left to the ground.
October 23, 2010 11:56AM
At a typical relic site, , , , it is the mid-tone medium/low conductors that are the high-value, high-dollar items. Discrim can be dangerous.
October 23, 2010 05:29PM
So it is. Most valuable things here standing on range 16-37 and 57-65 on F75 numeric display.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2010 05:44PM by marxionu.
November 03, 2010 08:26PM
I just got this from a seller of the Deus over in England:
"In January there will be an upgrade available for the Deus offering a true non=motion all-metal detector with independent ferrous/non-ferrous readout, VERY handy for extreme depth and free via the Internet."

I think this is a pretty interesting feature. It's also nice that the Deus can be updated via usb over the internet, by downloading an update. They are also releasing a large coil in December which according to tests has very good separation and gains extra depth. It was designed for the 4Khz frequency (one of 4 the detector has).

I'm really leaning towards getting a Deus over the V3i as I'm just not sure the V3i will do as well in European iron as the Deus. I can't really find any reports that compare the two here in Europe. That is too bad, cause I can get the V3i 400 Euro cheaper than the Deus, but I'm not decided yet. If I do get a Deus I will try to do some testing that maybe Tom and some others can suggest to me to compare this detector to what America and Australia have to offer.
November 04, 2010 05:26AM
For Europe only Deus, Fisher or Etrac. V3 doesnt like soil in my country. And hammereds are too hard to find on V3. Deus is best then F75 T2 then Etrac.
November 04, 2010 02:03PM
marxionu Wrote:
> For Europe only Deus, Fisher or Etrac. V3 doesnt
> like soil in my country. And hammereds are too
> hard to find on V3. Deus is best then F75 T2
> then Etrac.

That is interesting. I don't find many hammereds in Nürnberg but do on occasion and my Omega hits them pretty good with the 8Khz down to about 6" or so. I used to have a T2 but I hunt for mostly old coins and not hammereds in particular.
How would you say the Deus does on regular coins? Does it discriminate in trash well? Is it the best detector for European iron? I am very seriously considering the Deus. (My Omega just broke and I have to send it in, so I realize I'll need another detector just in case.)

The soil around here is mostly tame, so I don't see the V3i having problems. I'm actually shocked that it doesn't do well on hammereds. It has the high frequency and a fast recovery rate (but I'm not sure how fast compared to "fast". Considering the V3i has a very powerful processor, I'm surprised it doesn't do well on hammerds, meaning a very fast recovery rate. Even if you soil is bad, wouldn't running the V3i in 3 frequencies be better than any single frequency?
November 04, 2010 05:04PM
Yes Deus is right tool for Europe. But English guys are going back to Etrac. Idont know why. XP Goldmaxx wasnt wery good on bigger silver coinage. Maybe Deus having same problem. I still havent mine. Dealer sayd again it will be here on a next week.
I have heard the XP's are the cat's meow in good dirt but struggles in bad dirt
November 08, 2010 03:02AM
and one notice this?

I know the T-2 start's to drop of once the bars climb above 3 Fe....Actually any of the First Texas machines start to suffer in Higher Fe dirt...

I believe the Xp's are built in France and I heard they have volcanic dirt? Correct me if I am wrong///////////////// so it should be tuned to bad dirt??

I may be way off base but some info from an experienced user would be great...

I have alway's wanted to try an Deus

Keith
Re: I have heard the XP's are the cat's meow in good dirt but struggles in bad dirt
November 08, 2010 11:58AM
This is also to imply; Minelab's are built in extreme red-dirt Aus'y. It's no wonder they handle GA/VA/TN red dirt better than any other detector Mfr'd/built outside of lateritic soil.
November 09, 2010 08:54PM
Tom and other discrimination knowledgeable people.

There is something really interesting about the Deus' range on the discrimination scale. First the iron range is essentially 82 numbers long. It goes from 1 to 10, but from 2 to 10 it goes in increments of tenths, essentially giving you a lot of iron range. Second, and more interesting to me is that it's iron range ends at 10 and foil range at app 35 (30-40 by the graphic in the book), which gives you a span of roughly 25 digits. The scale goes on to a typical 99. On my Omega and T2, the iron range basically ended where the foil range began.

What would be the advantage of this gap between the iron and foil range? My guess is for cut hammereds, which are essentially 1/4 a small thin hammered coin. I bet this would range would work great at trying to find those small thin coins that Tom said the F75/T2's have started to find again.
November 09, 2010 09:39PM
Hi resolution iron Disc ...... for the obvious unmasking reason.

Hi resolution 'foil' Disc ...... if you are in a chewing gum foil infested park.
November 10, 2010 07:10AM
Hammered range.
November 10, 2010 06:03PM
marxionu Wrote:
> Hammered range.

Thanks guys.

Marxionu, I was told that the hammer range (In England) is from 45 to 90 on the Deus but cut hammereds are down there in the foil range.
November 10, 2010 06:18PM
English hammered coins are different . We ( In Estonia) have some hammered coins from 14-15 century made in very bad silver. These are going to folium range. English coins made by higher silver content. On Fisher 75 english coins are 51-64 range ours are 21-39 range.
November 13, 2010 06:53PM
So i gave up, bought today Explorer SE Pro. Deus is not coming and i cant wait anymore. Fisher F75 retired today. But if Explorer doesnt work for me i stay with F. On some reason in Minelab forum in England all people coming back to ex or e trac after testing deus.
November 13, 2010 07:10PM
That is too bad that you couldn't get the Deus. Not much of a problem in Germany to get one.

The V3i can be had for 400 Euro less than the Deus (if I buy it in England). Came across a Deus emulation program which works well on hammereds. [www.findmall.com]
I am starting to hear better things about the V3i for those who know how to adjust it. Figure I'll wait till end of winter to buy something, so I have time to think and hope for a high end Teknetics coin machine to come out. Also curious how the AT Pro does...
November 13, 2010 08:21PM
Make your choise and let us know hoe it is.
November 14, 2010 10:02PM
Someone somewheresaid that the Deus cannot be sold in the USA as is because it exceeds FCC? (government) standards. If this is true I wonder what they will have to change to make it compliant with US regulations for a metal detector and how will it impact the performance of the Deus? Also, if they do alter it to meet US regulations I wonder if it will be an easy mod to put it back to original specs, if the user was inclined.

Anyone know anything about this? I think it was on a thread on FM. It said that it can be sold in Canada but not in the USA.

??

Julien
November 20, 2010 11:20PM
Now i m confiused, i like this Explorer. Hammered silver coins and medieval relics from very small littered iron junk area that i worked with F75 and XP Goldmaxx hundreds of times.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2010 11:27PM by marxionu.