Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Todays finds with the new Deus (butt-plate!)

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Todays finds with the new Deus (butt-plate!)
January 01, 2016 10:35PM
Besides finding another Starr Carbine bullet (and giving it to the land-owners, who freaked out), I found a suspicious button of unknown origin and my last dig gave up the butt plate to some kind of.......musket? Has anyone here ever run across something like these? Thank you. And Happy New Year!

And here's the butt-plate:

This butt plate is made out of iron/steel. I always thought that they were made from brass. Anyway, I added three more pics.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2016 11:05PM by Kevin B.
Re: Todays finds with the new Deus (butt-plate!)
January 02, 2016 12:03AM
Nice finds Kevin thumbs down
January 02, 2016 12:07AM
Nice finds Kevin.

Like your detector too.
January 02, 2016 12:50AM
Nice Springfield Buttplate Kevin..

The button is geometric style...Civilian

Nice digs..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 02, 2016 02:15AM
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice Springfield Buttplate Kevin..
>
> The button is geometric style...Civilian
>
> Nice digs..
>
> Keith

Thank you Keith, as always, for being so willing to share your experience!!!! I really do appreciate it!!!!!!
And thank the other forum members for you very nice comments. I took the Deus out today on it's maiden voyage. In a way, my buying the Deus and using it in this VERY nail-y area was a test. I had combed this site for about 7 days with the Racer and 5 inch coil. The Racer was able to see most stuff, but the masking is SO bad, that I almost missed the buttplate!!!! Happy New Year guys!!!