Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Personal Preferences

Posted by tmanly 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Personal Preferences
October 18, 2010 11:39PM
First I would like to make it clear that I am an Old time Newbie, by this I mean I am old and have been detecting for 6 months. I guess that being older I tend to enjoy simple things the most. This may be the reason for my detector preference. I am a tone hunter and do not like to have to spend time looking at a display. I am a retired Systems Administrator so it is not the technology that I do not like.
While most are looking at displays and trying to decipher what it is telling them I am making the most out of my time and hunting and listening to tones. After trying several detectors I finally found my favorite pick for the go to detector. A couple of weeks ago I received a CZ-5 detector. Just what the doctor ordered. Tones, tones, tones. rock solid and reliable. I liked it so much I ordered a CZ3D and should have it by the weekend. I have seen detectors comparisons of different manufacturers but not CZ-5 to CZ3D and so on. I will be posting my results with the CZ3D and welcome any advice to help me get the most from this unit. So let me have it, everything you can tell me about these unit.

Thanks
Tom in SC
Re: Personal Preferences
October 19, 2010 01:02AM
hi tom!! have you tried using the search option on this forum? type in cz3d and click search. lots of good info!
October 19, 2010 03:13PM
If you like tones then why not the 8000 or LTD way better at unmasking even for coins.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 19, 2010 04:23PM
LowBoY I kinda like having the same type of detectors because I have four coils that will work on any of them. I do like the 8000 very much and use it in local parks we I get a chance.

Tom in Sc
October 19, 2010 09:28PM
Tons of CZ info on this site. Too much to list.
October 21, 2010 10:27PM
You've just stumbled upon the defacto site for information on the CZ series of detectors...and so much....much...more.