Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

T/R machines

Posted by dewcon4414 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
T/R machines
January 03, 2016 11:24AM
We seem to have a lot of gurus who provide us outstanding information on here so i thought id ask this question. Some of you may have used the older T/R machines, i have one that is 15kHz a version of the Nautilus i believe. I was reading up on it the other day and found a little information on the company. What i found out is Tyndall and the president of the company recently pasted away and according to the BBB is no longer a business. I noticed Kelleyco sold the Nautilus..... dont know if they still do. Ive not called them yet but i was wondering who does repairs now? I did find that there is a repair/information location in Europe. The machine im using is somewhat of a beach machine...... but they are very unique to Fl since they dont like a lot of black sand. Coils are fairly large and very heavy after awhile. I believe over all its about 3 lbs heavier than the Xcal.

Can anyone tell me who does the coils or repairs here in the states? Also, is a T/R coil specific to a machine? What im trying to find is more than 2 coils for my machine. I know the Nautilus is supposed to be a great older relic machine that you dont hear a lot about here in the states.

UPDATE.... just read a post in the classified that a guy by the name of Wayne Lee may have taken over the business. Any info on him?

Dew.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2016 01:10PM by dewcon4414.
Re: T/R machines
January 03, 2016 02:14PM
Wayne Lee is building new Nautilus machines from his new location and making repairs also. Nautilus continues to survive under some tough conditions with Stephen and Jerry having passed away.

For service work, please call Wayne Lee at 919 621-4460.

His address is:

Wayne Lee, 77 Neighbor Lane, Four Oaks, NC 27524.
January 03, 2016 02:44PM
Bill,
Nice to see you posting.

With your experience--- would be great to hear more here from you!!!!
January 03, 2016 02:57PM
Hi David, Happy New Year, I don't know if Tom told you or not but I had a heck of a hard time at work losing a couple of my lab technicians. Its coming to a close now as I have people in place and trained. Missed out on a lot of hunting this past fall due to the long hours. Working 14 plus a day gets old and all you think about when you get home is getting something to eat and getting ready for the next day. Glad that's behind me. I need to plan a hunt with you and Tom soon if the weather cooperates. And yes, I plan to be more active on the forums this year.Talk to you soon.
January 03, 2016 05:10PM
I knew I count on this forum for info. Im not a relic hunter so maybe that why I dont know you guys. Ill make a phone call ... love to get a coil or two.... best case would be an improved water coil. Id love to have one designed like Fosters aqua star. Anyone on know what freq the nautlis runs in? I know little about these machines.
January 03, 2016 05:35PM
The Nautilus and specifically the DMC-2b is one of the finest metal detectors ever made..

Still the deepest coil for coil machine to this day in the soil...

There finicky to set up at times and keep running as there pure analog and they require tuning..at as you go from shade to sun and as the temps change you will have to retune them...hot car to cold climate or cool car to hot climate etc...they have to settle to the temps there in ..

There was quite a few over the years I liked the DMC-2 converted to 2B status the Best Jerry would do it if you asked it to be done . it had a Unique train whistle report ...Then my second fondest was the factory made DMC-2B followed by the DMC-2Ba..

They run all metal threshold based mode and Disc mode at the same time..Sort of like a MXT or V3i but way more Pure..the Whites Mixed mode is that a mixed feel.. the Nautilus actually feels like you running two machines at once if you have the DMC model..

After awhile you can tell target conductance by the way the all metal and disc report..On low conductors the allmetal will start to signal before the disc side..so say itsa button or Nickle...the all metal threshold will rise then you'll get the disc beep then afte rthe disc beep shuts off youll get the fall of the threshold on the all metal side...as Conductsnce goes up the gap closes till say a quarter is reported.. at that point the all metal rise is so brisk and fast it is actually in almost exact unison of the Disc beep...almost buried under the beep..

a items get deeper there is plenty of modulation and the reports will take on certain attributes youll learn..

The T/R mode or Non-Motion disc will work on your Florida beaches Or should say ought to...LOL

Around here That mode was useless in all but a few areas from Our mineral..

There was a Guy in Floroda who made the DMCs in a waterproof box..Called the Aqua sound..Herb Mc Donald I believe his name was..Since past though I think..

Ive head they were Jewelry killers on the beach in T/R mode..No black sand..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
January 03, 2016 05:47PM
Thunder dome, thanks for the info. Was talking to an old Nautilus Hunter about this same subject just two days ago. Glad to hear that the company still survives. Many of the older relic guys around my location loved these machines...Stuart
cdv
January 03, 2016 06:04PM
Dew, you are like a Pit Bull...once you get your teeth in something, you can't let go..... no wonder you do so well in the water!

Let me know what you find out.....if it takes more than one to tempt him into making a water coil, let me know.

Cliff
January 03, 2016 06:23PM
Keith we are talking about Herbs machine. They function very well here. Reminds you very much of a PI with two tones. You get a bong sound for iron... everything else...kind of zipthreshold tone. Very impressed with the machine..... but the coil....for a water machine is way behind the times. I highly doubt ill get much help simply like u said keith it functions best here in Fl. These machine are still produced/sold here in fl.

Dew