Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CTX update coming...?????

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: CTX update coming...?????
January 07, 2016 10:48AM
"So my Info was on the right track!"
January 08, 2016 11:23AM
Des D Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "So my Info was on the right track!"

Yes Des, LOL. They could at least have introduced the 3 piece stem as per the GPZ, that way you might actually get it into air luggage.
January 08, 2016 05:06PM
"I saw the battery 'mod' today and it looks like a good one.
But you'd really have to look hard...
You can "feel more" than can be seen...it's a really good feel to the New Sand Seal outer ring."
January 12, 2016 03:01AM
As far as updates I don't see any . These are fixes for a poor design that there going to charge us for the battery fix is going to be 129.00 which is not bad if you need another battery . But this problem was from the start and then 4 years later wow a fix appears 4 years come on that fix should have been in the first few months and should of been free .
So as I see going on 4 years and no updates
When the new minelab 4040 or whatever comes out I will be lurking to see what they screwed up on that model before I purchase it .
I still like my 3030 but even if they come out with the 4040 you may have to wait 4 years before they address the problem and then pay for it .Come on minelab get on the ball and quit gouging your customers and 4 years to address problems is just poor business .
So minelab I'm still waiting for a real update not fixes I have to pay for that were poor design from the get go .:rant: sube
January 12, 2016 03:39AM
sube Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As far as updates I don't see any . These are
> fixes for a poor design that there going to charge
> us for the battery fix is going to be 129.00 which
> is not bad if you need another battery . But this
> problem was from the start and then 4 years later
> wow a fix appears 4 years come on that fix should
> have been in the first few months and should of
> been free .
> So as I see going on 4 years and no updates
> When the new minelab 4040 or whatever comes out I
> will be lurking to see what they screwed up on
> that model before I purchase it .
> I still like my 3030 but even if they come out
> with the 4040 you may have to wait 4 years before
> they address the problem and then pay for it .Come
> on minelab get on the ball and quit gouging your
> customers and 4 years to address problems is just
> poor business .
> So minelab I'm still waiting for a real update
> not fixes I have to pay for that were poor design
> from the get go .:rant: sube

Sube,
Is the charging station used affected with upgrade???
January 12, 2016 04:09AM
As far as I know I don't think so because they would of show en the new super charger you would have to pay for .The batteries look the same except for the rubber around the top of the battery looks like it still will fit in the charger . sube
January 12, 2016 04:22AM
I have commented on this on another form.

This update is a scam of sorts.

I mean this update-- they admit there is a problem.

And the detector is sold as waterproof to a certain depth.

So why not do the update for folks with detectors under warranty at no charge ???
January 12, 2016 04:38AM
What about the people that bought 4 years ago and are out of warranty they paid the same as the people buying now . Just is not right you buy a detector for water and have fear of wrecking it out of warranty like me then what just eat it .
If I buy a product and does not do as they say then they should fix the problem for free .
I just don't get it but I sure like what the ctx can do . sube
January 13, 2016 12:00AM
Folks,
There is news that with the upgrade--- units recently purchased within last 90 days will be upgraded for free.

I advise anyone wanting to verify such information to contact your dealer or Minelab directly.
January 13, 2016 12:53AM
The battery upgrade is a housing issue not the batteries that are the expensive part.
A new housing with the correct allen wrench/torx bit included sent to registered units would allow everyone to upgrade their housings for peanuts. Looks like it would require the removal and replacement of four small screws
January 13, 2016 01:07AM
From another site talked to minelab this morning and asked about what it would take to do the upgrades ,[www.minelab.com] , to do the arm rest upgrade the 3030 has to be sent in to be modified, and they didn't have a price on that yet. the battery upgrade kit is a ''new updated battery'' ( no change to the detector body ) with a deeper tab and new different colored o-ring that is supposed to seal better ( technology from the gpx 7000 ) so you can still use your old charger, batts. and o-ring and switch to the new setup for under water if you wanted, the price US is $ 129.00 which for minelab isn't that bad for a new batt. and o-ring :rolleyes: . dfly