Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

high conductors and low conductors

Posted by trond 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
high conductors and low conductors
October 23, 2010 05:11AM
Just to illustrate this subject i will pick two coins at random from the line of mintlords here in my homeland Norway.
King Christian the Fifth who reigned Norway-Denmark through the years 1670-1699 had a wide span of denominations
in his coins.
The real high cond. being the big 4 speciedaler (4 dollar) measuring 40mm.across and weighing a total of 115.6 grams.
Its tiny low cond. little brother is the hal-skilling (half-shilling)measuring about 12mm.across and weighing around 0.73 grams.
To find these two opposites we can use a wide span of machines.
Personally i have used fisher-,minelab-,white and compass detectors with some kind of success.
To be able to detect the low cond.coins you need to use a machine with expanded low end capabilities and good iron
definition .
On the other hand you may need multi.freq macines to best pick the big silver in between alu.thrash in high mineral dirt with
a low content of man made iron.
To cut it down -you are best off with specially designed "field" machines when going for thin hammereds
- a twin-freq. or multi-freq machine will do the job when you hunt for medium- to high conductors.
I am really eager to see how the Xp machines will do in american soil compared to european, and just to stir things up a bit
Ye Olde One -our trusty Quicksilver 6a has found us the smallest ones and some of the big ones too like 1Crowns and
2crowns (quarter-and half-dollars)

Thanks for reading
trond

ps.I am still hunting the Big One....

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2010 06:18AM by trond.
Re: high conductors and low conductors
October 23, 2010 11:52AM
Interesting eye-opening perspective. Well stated.
Re: high conductors and low conductors
October 23, 2010 09:25PM
Gotta love Ye Ole One....the CZ6a !