Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher CZ digital machines?

Posted by 88junior 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher CZ digital machines?
January 11, 2016 10:00PM
I've been reading up on all of them and thought I'd ask here which one of these in your book was the best performer? I plan on going to the beach this summer and want one to use there. From what I've read the CZ7A pro seems to be the best but I wanted your guys opinions.
Re: Fisher CZ digital machines?
January 11, 2016 10:09PM
CZ6A was mine!
Did well with it for the brief ownership period on some Florida beaches...
January 12, 2016 01:18AM
Guess It does depends on the model In hand and although not digital have to agree with Des on the CZ6A.....Sort of a tossup on the digital models and used all the models.
January 12, 2016 02:20AM
As far as the digitals go, a lot of guys like the 70 (the last digital CZ), but I much prefer the CZ7a NOT the CZ7a Pro...
The CZ-7a has the AA battery pack located under the elbow, and it makes for a much, much better balanced machine...especially if you use the 10.5" coil.
Additionally, the bigger battery pack seems to last forever. smiling smiley
The CZ-7a Pro uses the dual 9v batteries in the back of the control box, and although it works just fine, it makes the unit feel 'nose heavy' to me. Kind of like an eTrac with a big coil.

Hard to go wrong with any of them really. Like the other guys, I'd still choose the analog units like the 3D over the digital models, but the digitals do allow more config options.

mike

Edit-
Additionally, if you do get a digital CZ to beach hunt, be sure to activate the 'foil accept' notch. A large percentage of your gold ladies rings will be found there (foil), and it's turned off by default.
You'll be missing some goodies, otherwise.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2016 02:30AM by Mike in CO.
January 12, 2016 04:44PM
Indeed the foil area is the hotspot for gold rings...Have to admit the unique notching of the Digitals is a plus over the analog models.
January 12, 2016 06:47PM
I've done well with my CZ70, great machine for deep turf or salt water beaches!
January 12, 2016 10:27PM
The hottest ''Digital CZ'' I ever saw was a CZ 7a pro that a guy had that could be run with Sens.wide open with out it Falsing. I saw Him Dig a Seated Half that was well over a foot. I think the Key was the fact it was one one of the rare ones you could run Sens. past 4. I tried a few later myself,But couldn't find one as Hot as His.