Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Who is Tom 41 who posts here???

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Who is Tom 41 who posts here???
January 13, 2016 02:51AM
Folks, I've been reading a thread here concerning a detector coil sale gone bad.

Well I in fact know Tom 41.

I have hunted with him I think at least 3 times.

I even introduced him to the Makro Racer.

And a short time later in fact sold him one of mine.

And I believe in the whole truth when talking about things and people.

At the time, Tom's budget didn't allow for him to make full payment for the detector.

So I myself offered to allow him to mail me monthly payments until the balance was paid.

He accepted and he paid his dues all on time.

I did this because Tom was a nice gent, I wanted him to have a Racer--- and he really liked its performance.

Tom is a quiet guy by nature-- he doesn't talk much generally and really doesn't post here very much.

But make no mistake he loves to detect and is a courteous person.

He is actually a member of law enforcement by profession.

I am sorry the deal between he and Wayne went south.

But I can say Wayne too seems like an up and up gent.

This based on his posts and prior sales with feedback from fellow metal detectorists.

Mr Dankowski I feel is being very generous here for allowing us to advertise our detectors for sale or trade.

I have sold here myself and in doing so sent Mr Dankowski a small usps money order to show my appreciation.

This forum is made up of some very good people--- some I trust a great deal although I've never met personally.

So Tom41 is no imposter here on this forum.

He's a solid gent in my book-- a person who like most of us loves to detect and read about others adventures as well.

Here's a link from this site where he and I hunted together a few months ago.
[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

David

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2016 03:10AM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: Who is Tom 41 who posts here???
January 13, 2016 01:29PM
I met Tom early in 2015, through discussions on the forum. I found out that he lived close to me and we started hunting together. Tom in my opinion is probably one of the most honest and genuine persons I know. He would give you the shirt off his back if needed. As David said, Tom is a quiet person, but very passionate about this hobby. I have enjoyed every trip we have taken and look forward to this spring so we can continue. I recall a few days ago when he called and told me he was getting a new coil for his racer, he was really excited about it. I do not know what happened in between, but I personally know Tom would not intentionally jerk anyone around. I consider Tom a good friend, and think this is a big misunderstanding. Tom is a genuine person, and like I said Tom is a good friend and a stand up person in my book. I would not hesitate to loan anything I own to Tom because I know he would treat it as his own. I know one bad apple spoils it for everyone, but I assure you, Tom is not that person. It’s nice to be able to buy and sell here on the forum and based on our reputation, I would not have any worries or issues with dealing with him.

Bill
Re: Who is Tom 41 who posts here???
January 14, 2016 09:39PM
Tom's a great fellow, hope to hunt with him in the future.

HH, Paul