Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CTX and large gold rings?

Posted by Sand dog 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CTX and large gold rings?
January 13, 2016 02:50PM
Just wondering what #s show up on ctx for large gold rings at 10K,14K,18k 22K.

John
Re: CTX and large gold rings?
January 13, 2016 03:56PM
Large gold rings-- some can ring up as high as what a zincoln or copper penny does.

And this goes for the larger gold coins too.

Most bigger though more likely to read low to mid 30s conductive-- in the shotgun shell hull dept

[m.youtube.com]

[metaldetectingforum.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2016 04:10PM by tnsharpshooter.
January 13, 2016 06:16PM
Large gold rings will hit "high" on the CO side
12 FE probably - I can't check now as my heavy rings in lock box.
So, FE 12 CO 34,35,36

BUT, expect 'other ID's" using Ground Coin and
off the wall iron ID's in Ferrous Coin
January 13, 2016 10:55PM
Thanks for the tips I really appreciate it. Also I've been running the ctx in ferous coin should I run it in a different mode? I use the machine mostly at a saltwater beach
Thanks

John
January 16, 2016 02:03AM
Here’s a link to some gold jewelry numbers for the E-trac from a few years ago.
These are air-test numbers using auto sensitivity at level 16. The E-trac numbers should be similar CTX numbers. Larger gold rings with a face will have a more varying conductivity depending on their orientation under the coil.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
January 16, 2016 05:13PM
Large gold rings are for the most part graduation and would be 10 kt....and fall in the penny range, however higher kt would lower them into the large pulltab and lower penny range on any detector....Certainly have to dig a lot of pennies and junk to find one.....
January 16, 2016 08:22PM
((( Higher Kt gold will raise the conductivity/ID )))
January 17, 2016 04:16AM
I appreciate everyone's help. I'm still pretty new to the ctx for salt beach hunting been running excals for years. I've been running it in ferrous coin beach mode saltwater on sens 28 pitch hold with 17" coil and I have to say it's definitely a deep beach machine. thanks

John