Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deteknix Quest Pro - Sadly not impressed with the video. sad smiley

Posted by khouse 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deteknix Quest Pro - Sadly not impressed with the video. sad smiley
January 21, 2016 01:00AM
I think the timing of the MXSport is perfect after seeing this video. You be the judge?
[www.youtube.com]

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
Re: Deteknix Quest Pro - Sadly not impressed with the video. sad smiley
January 21, 2016 01:29AM
What a piece of junk lol. You see this is exactly what I am taking about. It is winter and it is early enough for them to fix these issues before spring.
January 21, 2016 01:43AM
Yep, looks pretty Craptaculous to me too.
HH
John
January 21, 2016 01:55AM
looks like a cheap piece of junk. i will pass for sure...i love the looks of the mxsport and want to see the nokta impact.
January 21, 2016 02:01AM
Those appear to be the same headphones that Deteknix is using in their wireless set up. I wonder if they solved the "handshake" problem between Tr/Rx. I have seen a couple of good reviews and have sent inquiries to both users as well as a dealer but have not yet received any replies as to an improvement.
January 21, 2016 02:26AM
I kinda like the looks, but what few videos out, are lame.. and then they seem to be Mia. Can't get a straight answer on their Facebook, email, etc
January 21, 2016 02:38AM
Official Chinese crapola from the looks/sounds of it.

Come on Impact and MXsport!
January 21, 2016 03:06AM
Wow what a POS. The 5 "search modes" are just reccomended settings. On another note could they more blatantly copy the Garrett digital camo finds pouch? I wouldn't touch any of their products with someone else's money.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2016 03:52AM by deadlift.
January 21, 2016 03:45AM
that certainly is a contender for the POS detector of the year but I would like to nominate this one as a definite runner up.
POS detector
HH
John
January 21, 2016 03:48AM
The search modes setup sounds weird. But this "testing" while flooded with EMI, no ground balance, etc. was a waste of time. I would really like to see these field tested. Quirks and all.
January 21, 2016 04:49AM
Man, that was bad..
January 21, 2016 04:56AM
Sign me up for 3 of the units.

Reason: I have 3 doors in my house that lack door stops....
January 21, 2016 08:39AM
I was actually more surprised about positive comments in the other "Deteknix Quest Pro" thread on this forum. This thing was already looking bad when turned on, but...

Please give this "themetaldetectorguy" more likes for showing all the problems. We need more people like him.
January 21, 2016 09:32AM
I was initially excited about the claims. Then the anticipation built as actual photos emerged. When he said they were aware of the display issue and he could take it apart to repair it just dumbfounded me! Then to throw salt in the wound he couldn't find one person with proper grammar to proof read the manual? Yikes......

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 21, 2016 11:31AM
My hopes and dreams...Crushed to pieces.
wjs
January 21, 2016 12:11PM
Come on aren't you guys being tough on it. Getting around 6 inches on coins in the air test is not so bad is it......Lol
January 21, 2016 01:17PM
Whats sad is their pinpointer's air test better than the quest pro. I actually like their pinpointer better than a Garrett Propointer. But they need to invest in some quality control there's absolutely no reason that detector should have ever been packaged and shipped out.
January 21, 2016 01:29PM
lol to wjs... all i can say is....i had the xpointer and liked it until it stopped working, sent in for replacement, then it quit, sent in for replacement again... sold.. diamond digger snapped in pretty soft soil.. for starters it was shaped funny, had a weird slight bend in it when i bought it.. it broke at the slight bend.. so i contacted warranty several times and finally got a response..he said we dont have any diggers.. could be weeks!! so weeks later i contacted again... said still dont have any. i asked what am i supposed to do? a few days later he said i have a used one i can send.. i said send it.. so a week later i received a used replacement digger... my thoughts are what a joke of a company.. NEVER will i buy another thing from them!! from the looks of their detector its cheap junk... anyone that buys anything from them is taking money and throwing it away.. my opinion..
January 21, 2016 10:10PM
I really think he was trying to build a nice machine. The overall design seemed pretty cool. He just fell short in quality control and his choice in a translator.

Kenny
[www.youtube.com]
January 21, 2016 10:38PM
Hope he gets some good ones-----------------

Re: Deteknix Quest. Update-----------------UK

Postby Tony Hunt » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:09 am
We have 50 Units arriving at Detectorbits on Monday 18th January providing Customs dont hold them up. I will be asking M Rix to do an unboxing video for this forum as soon as I can get one down to him. Luckily we live nearby to each other here in Dorset.
I will also be asking him to open a Deteknix users forum within the MDF once we start selling the new Quest.
I apologise for the delay in the Quest coming. We had one or two minor issues in the build that needed putting right before they were released. Hopefully everything is ok now.
I will be putting the Quest up for sale on this forums Auction site asap now that I know they are on the way. They will come c/w built in Wireless headphones. 11" coil with cover. Machine carry bag, Stainless steel digging knife, finds pouch & Deteknix hat. Price will be £499.00 delivered free in the UK. Delivery to ROI will be extra. Not available to deliver outside of the UK & ROI.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
January 22, 2016 01:03AM
Well seeing that is a t2/gf2 knock off he should have know a negative 9 threshold in all metal would be quiet and NOT deep. This video is full of lol. I do like their digger. If he wants a manual in English go to tekneticst2.com
January 22, 2016 01:05AM
Can anyone confirm that its waterproof some adverts say it is to 3 meters.
January 22, 2016 01:07AM
Sven1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hope he gets some good ones-----------------
>
> Re: Deteknix Quest. Update-----------------UK
>
> Postby Tony Hunt » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:09 am
> We have 50 Units arriving at Detectorbits on
> Monday 18th January providing Customs dont hold
> them up. I will be asking M Rix to do an unboxing
> video for this forum as soon as I can get one down
> to him. Luckily we live nearby to each other here
> in Dorset.
> I will also be asking him to open a Deteknix users
> forum within the MDF once we start selling the new
> Quest.
> I apologise for the delay in the Quest coming. We
> had one or two minor issues in the build that
> needed putting right before they were released.
> Hopefully everything is ok now.
> I will be putting the Quest up for sale on this
> forums Auction site asap now that I know they are
> on the way. They will come c/w built in Wireless
> headphones. 11" coil with cover. Machine carry
> bag, Stainless steel digging knife, finds pouch &
> Deteknix hat. Price will be £499.00 delivered
> free in the UK. Delivery to ROI will be extra. Not
> available to deliver outside of the UK & ROI.

What's the hold up been for the USA
January 22, 2016 01:39AM
Sad! Really Sad!
February 04, 2016 06:12PM
Deteknix Quest Pro Initial Thoughts and Tests !!

For starters let it be known that I didn't have to head butt the machine at all in my initial testing for any reason...

We've seen some videos and what I have here in my hands seems a million miles away.

What came today was a well packaged machine with NO !! Issues right from the box.

The Initial indoor tests that I place all machines through the Quest Pro performed well and this gives me a good indication on how it will perform out in the field.
The machine was running nice and stable indoors and throughout the tests what is good and what I expect.

As for other areas around the world I can't say how the EMI levels will play with your machine as I can only say for my area as of yet due to only receiving the machine today.
But if you do have issues with EMI then use the Freq Shift to help.

A couple of tests performed so far...

Small coin placed under highly mineralised brick that even the Garrett probe sounds off when touched against the Quest Pro passed with flying colours.

Medium hammered coin next to nail placed under a tub of normal UK soil at 5 inches deep the machine passed just fine there.

Air Tests.... Disc mode.

16 inches on a Viccy Penny with repeatable audio... That's fine

13 inches on a small to medium sized hammered coin with repeatable audio.... Fine also

Other tests it did good also so happy there.

Overall build quality looks good... I can't see anything to fault in the build quality.

Display is clean and tidy and easy to read... If anything I would of liked the display tilted up a little.

No issues with stem wobble that would affect my detecting in anyway but the machine is a little nose heavy but not an issue I feel.

Coil cover could be a little more of a snug fit but I will see how much soil that grabs over a period of time.

If it performs good in the field I feel this Deteknix Quest Pro is a good machine for the price and I have no issues to report as of yet that set alarm bells ringing like we see in certain videos.

It's not sounding off crazy like I've seen and I live in a built up area like most.
For indoor tests I can run the Gain up at 60 before EMI starts to kick in at minimal levels.

So as of this point it's good machine and I see no reason for it to fail in the field.

Field test video soon !!

Pics here as I don't know how to post them on this forum by iPhone [m.facebook.com]
February 04, 2016 06:41PM
a video would be nice.
February 04, 2016 10:09PM
Just a Quick air test video showing the machine nice and stable and respectable numbers for the price without punching the settings indoors..... For the whole package price it's looking a good machine.

Do believe in another video his machine managed 7" on a dime... Think I managed 11" in this video

Looking forward to getting this in the field tomorrow if all goes to plan.

Video here...... [youtu.be]
February 05, 2016 12:34AM
Have you used a T2?
February 05, 2016 12:35AM
Yes I own one.
February 05, 2016 04:47PM
Ziggy, ur air test video was nice ty for posting. Make sure you post ur field review video