Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

G2 Reveiw and Video

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
G2 Reveiw and Video
November 04, 2010 06:46AM
[www.youtube.com]

I was asked by Mike Scott to test the G2 and I have been taking my time to push it and see what it can and can't do...I made a video but learned so much on the first hunt that I wanted to redo the video and take my time to be honest and fair. I want a machine that I can hunt with, have fun with and push as hard as the machine will allow. I don't mind programs but sometimes if you don't have a machine just right or are using the right tone you may be missing some great history hiding under your feet!
I feel the G2 it is a turn on and go detector! You don' t have to program it, just ground balance, set your disc level, set you sens level and listen to what it is telling you.

With the higher freq it has more of a zip tone or a cross between All Metal and Discrimination tone. The split tone is a great help because I don't miss targets by disc them out. Again I have found this machine to love round coin shaped targets but for me it seems to be the best machine at unmasking those relics that are hiding near or under trash and or iron. If you don't have to deal with that then it hits hard and deep on all of the targets I have found. But again on masked targets it seems to really shine and I think for those of us that hunt for relics you never really want to walk away from a hunt and think about what you might have missed.

I feel in my California Gold Country Soil this machine gives me the best chance at finding those hard to find targets. The targets that have alluded hunters over and over again. Of course I have more testing and more videos to share. I have some sights that I am very familiar with so I know more or less what to expect from the area. One hunt is full of iron square nails. I will be testing the 5DD on depth, separation and how fast it responds to multy targets. I love the 11DD it seems to be very balanced and has great depth and seperation.. The price seems just right to add this detector to your collection or maybe sell one of your detectors to buy the G2.

Of course I live in California and the ground is not the best but this machine seems to have a little of the T2, 8000, and LTD mixed in with the G2..How do they do it and what is next? If you are even a little like me a new machine that works so well and can help you find more history is well worth the price!

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2010 02:41PM by Lawrenzo.
Re: G2 Reveiw and Video
November 04, 2010 11:03AM
Yes, USN is US Navy. The buckle at the end is a (approx WWII) Navy belt buckle.

The pewter button at the very end is a undergarmet button...........most probably from the mid-1800's. It's a low conductor......and many (especially lower freq) detectors have a hard time detecting/finding them.
November 04, 2010 11:49AM
Great video. From the looks of the G2, it operates exactly like my GB SE. So the only difference is the rod setup............
November 04, 2010 08:45PM
Correct.
November 22, 2010 11:59AM
Yes Tom this is a definate, in the UK there are a few people now who have the G2 and the GB SE.

The G2 owners confirm that when they turn their machines on it displays GOLD on the screen.

Likewise if with the tector turned off and the GG button is depressed and held down and then the machine is turned on again it displays GOLD followed by the software version, the latest being 3.

This is just the same for the G B's.

The fact that GOLD is displayed it doesn't get much clearer than that guys.

Early indications are very favourable with some experienced people who are very happy so no one is bothered either way.

I have a Gold Bug SE on order with the 11" coil which should be here late this week or early next.

I will post some info when i get out with it to see how it compares to my Goldmaxx Power but it might be a few weeks as i have loads on at the moment.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2010 10:36PM by mart.
November 22, 2010 12:19PM
I have the G2 on the way and will also do a review for it here on the east coast. Should have it this week and in time for the weekend. Weather permitting I will be out then. I have seen rumors that a new
Omega 8000 LTD may be on the way. This is great news, if it is true, but will cost me more money.LOL

Tom in SC
November 22, 2010 01:33PM
Hey, wait now with the 8000 LTD rumors. If you are talking about the thread on Findmall, we have those wishing threads every so often. I don't think there was an substance behind it. That said, I think it's coming. eheheh
November 22, 2010 01:48PM
Sometimes the best ideas come from rumors......LOL