Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

shotgun slug; CW or not? Other minutiae

Posted by ncwayne 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
shotgun slug; CW or not? Other minutiae
February 04, 2016 03:11PM
Enclosing pics here of a shotgun slug recovered at one of my confed camp sites. Not sure if it is CW or not; looking for others' thoughts on it.
Pictures appear below as top view, angled horizontal view of base, and two side views.
Other odds and ends in pictures below that. These items were excavated just after the first of the year with the GPX 4800 I received on Christmas eve.
CORRECTION: I happened to remember the shotgun slug was found using the Explorer XS, so some of the others were, too.
Yes, I know the small cylindrical bullets are modern. I take the button back to be CW (usage) non-military.

Perhaps one of the reasons for seeming to find items with a PI that a VLF did not find, is the PI "forces" you to dig many items you cannot identify without digging them, that you thought were not worth digging when you IDed them with the VLFs and their meters. Just puttin' that out there...

Pleasant Garden, NC
AT Max, Nokta Impact, MX Sport, Nokta FORS Relic, GPX 4800, Infinium, Racer, Deus, F75SE, Nautilus DMC II (order of acquisition, last to first)

Does an archeologist argue with a plow? A bureaucrat with a bulldozer?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2016 05:18PM by ncwayne.
Re: shotgun slug; CW or not? Other minutiae
February 04, 2016 10:08PM
Great finds NCWayne!!!!!!! I love seeing them!!!!!!
February 05, 2016 03:06AM
Nice! Really do not know about the slug, but I like the button back. Some good finds Wayne. Congrats again.
February 05, 2016 12:53PM
Looks like a CW round ball that's been fired to me Wayne.