Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Minelab GPX 4500 = questions?

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Minelab GPX 4500 = questions?
February 10, 2016 04:06PM
I appreciate it guys. I am going to try your suggestions today, I have a question: I have read the manual, but would like to hear some practical info: What function does the STABILIZER perform??? Should I just ignore it and run it in Facory Preset? Thanks, guys. As I learn this new piece of technology (new to me, anyway) I sure appreciate the fact that I can come here and get some help. As y'all can probably tell, I'm not too prideful to ask for it when I need it. I try to figure stuff out on my own, first.......but the Owners Manual was a bit overwhelming, Thanks, men!!!! Maye I can start seeing that deep stuff today, I know it's down there. And I'm sure that the problem is me.......I need to tweak some settings as I detect and see if I can figure this unit out. I recall having this same feeling when I bought my first Etrac. lol There just isn't a whole lot written or Youtubed about the GPX4500 and relics. I have watched all of DanielTn's vids on the subject. I am going to spend more time in obtaining a good smooth threshold tolday instread of just flipping it on, noise canceling, ground balancing and heading out. I'm gonna figure this think out!!! I am determined. kevin
February 10, 2016 04:47PM
Kevin
My humble opinion spend more.time in your test garden and yard trying to learn the machine. I did this with the deus and feel like it saved a lot of field frustration. Easier to tweak and read manual s etc. My opinion and you know the saying. Good luck.
February 10, 2016 05:50PM
the single biggest thing about running a GPX is to make it quite. IF its barky or unstable, you will not hear those deep subtle signals. (lots of deep targets are little more than a whisper) Very deep goodies can be very faint, but very detectable If the machine is quiet. Don't overdrive it. Choose a timing that's suitable for your soil, and go SLOW and low. A lot of guys at DIV for instance go way too dang fast and leave a lot of targets in their wake. At a hunt a year or so ago I spent two while days in an area maybe 40' X 40', and tug tons of relics, just by creeping along and digging most every signal. Do not expect a super clean high or low signal on all good targets. Signals will be all over the place depending on conductance, co located targets and composition of the target. Buttons with backs of a different metal than the front will often "turkey gobble". The machine is trying to report both conductance's at the same time. Most of them are confederate! Take your time, get the machine as quiet as possible, go slow and do a lot of investigative digging. You will likely be suprised at what you dig.
February 12, 2016 06:00AM
Hey Kevin,

Watch this video. From another Tennessee fella that just got a GPX. Listen to some of the sounds of his detector.

[www.youtube.com]
New GPX 4500 - $2200
February 12, 2016 05:21PM
Just hop a flight to Africa or the mideast

Minelab's distributor there - all prices US $

Sorry, no shipping outside their sales region!

[www.depardetector.com]

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold