Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Impact coming

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Impact coming
February 09, 2016 07:03PM
soon I hope. Will be 71 this month so cant wait forever. Debating between the new Whites or impact. BUT can anything match the E trac as far as finding Silver. Just too heavy anymore for me. Still have a cz7a pro. It still works same as new and deep....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2016 07:05PM by sonny(IN).
Re: Impact coming
February 09, 2016 07:41PM
This may have already been done.

How about a modified etrac, or se pro, or explorer 2.

Take another rod to lighten the load.

Some of those units are getting cheap used.

For a power source, consider a Li pro battery like Blisstool V5 or V6 uses-- even use their charger.

I've seen pics of the battery,,,it is small.

Personally I don't think a typical Vlf will ever be able to id silver coins as deep as fbs, bbs

Unless a new Vlf technology becomes available.

I know for a fact someone like Paul ( Old California) who posts here could do make such a detector.

Just a thought.

With all the aftermarket used coils.

In the end you wouldn't have too much in such a unit IMO.

[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]

[www.findmall.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2016 07:51PM by tnsharpshooter.
February 09, 2016 09:59PM
Well MX Sport is submersible so that is one plus as Impact isn't I guess? I one for could use one water Detector as are lake fronts are one of the few area's We have left too Detect, But I'm sure in time the newbee's will Screw that up too so I figure get it while the gettin' is good.
February 09, 2016 11:49PM
71 CAN BE YOUNG ITS THE NEW 60 BUT YEAH I WOULD READ REVIEWS ON BOTH THE WHITES AND THE IMPACT..IT MAYBE AWHILE TILL THE IMPACT COMES OUT BUT COULD BE A SHOW STOPPER

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
February 10, 2016 04:52AM
Hello Sonny,

I hear you on the Explorers weight, they are heavy and about the best ID machine for deep coins.

Funny how tnsharpshooter mentioned me, just this week was thinking the best VLF for depth was an old machine from the eighties. So I hit an old park yesterday before work with a Teknetics Mark III, a pounded park to boot and my first deep target was an 1907 V-Nickel, then dug a deep wheat penny close to 9" inches, the nickel was between 8"-9" inches. Then, another deep signal only not a Coin but some type of neat pin shaped into an old wagon of some sort.

The old Teknetics are heavy and off balanced, but when modified are so balanced and they are extremely deep.....I'm going to do a depth mod on both the Mark I & Mark III, should add another inch of two.

Really feel strongly the Teknetics Mark I or Mark III are your best choice for deep coins next to an Explorer, but they need to be modified onto a T-Handle or S-shaft. Otherwise, you're back in the same boat as the Explorer (arm killer).

I've modified a couple of Explorers in my days, wish minelab would do the same.

Seriously, Any of these (Mark 1 or Mark III) are the best VLF with decent ID for deep coins, I've dug coins at 10" before plus the audio is terrific on those deep coin signals. With these old machines, deep nickels and deep high conductive ID high on the TDI faceplate.

All the best,
Paul

February 10, 2016 10:25AM
Hello Paul------Could you show us a picture of the Explorers you have modified?-----Thanks--------Del
February 10, 2016 03:32PM
Looks like you have the two deepest silver units around...At 77 been around the block many times and they may make them lighter but doubt if they will have the depth...
Just my opinion and we know opinons vary....
February 10, 2016 04:07PM
Hello Del,

I need to dig out my most recent Explorer mod, currently it's in pieces. Started with going to a Deus shaft and a battery pack from the Minelab 3030, boy it was beautiful, light and mean looking. May have posted pics here on this forum a year or two back, was in the final stages just needed to fabricate a neat looking pod to mount the 3030 battery pack to give it a Minelab 3030 battery pack appearance.

Then, Lost interest tossed it in the mountain of other detector parts. I'll get to it this year, Was so cool looking the housing slid into the Deus shaft like it was made for it, it was extremely light and one mean looking machine.

Appreciate you bringing it up, encourages me to pickup were I left off and finish the mod.

HH, Paul
February 10, 2016 06:22PM
Why not a harness? Some detectors (especially one you know well) are worth it.
February 11, 2016 05:03AM
Is this a end of life as we know it impact,meteor or comet?

------------"Cz's still bad to the bone".------------
Living on a big ass Astroid.
The woman that got my rib,I want it back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2016 05:03AM by supertraq.
February 11, 2016 07:16AM
No... but hoping it will make a big impact in the detecting world.... Looks fan dabby doozie :0)
February 11, 2016 10:24AM
After the news yesterday of the Racer 2 I really have to wonder what what the Impact can have that the Racer 2 does not have. The only answer I can come up with is multi frequency and waterproof. If it does indeed have those two options the salt water hunters will be jumping for joy.
News from Nakta on the Impact-From Finds Forum
March 16, 2016 03:21PM
Re: Nokkta Impact
Posted by: Nokta Detectors [ Send a Message ]
Date: March 14, 2016 05:38AM Registered: 1 year ago

thardin88
Hey Dilek,

Any news on the release date of the Impact? Will it be in 2016? if so, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months etc??? Can you give us something?

Thank you

Hello. Yes it is planned to be released this year.
However, I cannot give any time frame as it may be misleading. Sometimes one change in the device can result in a delay of a few weeks or even months as it affects a lot of other things
Thank you for your understanding.
March 16, 2016 03:26PM
You will feel like a kid again when the impact hits the market just keep digging for now and pass on the whites

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
March 16, 2016 03:31PM
So now I'm wondering if the same testers that tested the Racer R2 are also involved with the Impact. Tom, Keith, Monte huh ?