Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nokta Fors Core vs Nokta Fors Gold.

Posted by Jressman 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nokta Fors Core vs Nokta Fors Gold.
February 15, 2016 02:28AM
Hi all, I'm torn between the Nokta Fors Core and Fors Gold. I live in Massachusetts and mainly relic hunt at colonial sites including old farm fields and cellar holes. I currently have a Minelab CTX3030 and a Teknetics T2SE non-DST (I prefer the sparkiness of the original). Both the CTX and T2SE do well in the iron, but my sites are pretty crushed and I'd like to pull out some small buttons and other relics masked by the iron beds of colonial cellar holes. Looking for a dedicated iron machine. How much of a difference in the dense iron beds is there between the Nokta Core and the Nokta Gold???

Interested in both the Fors Core and Fors Gold Pro packs. Leaning toward the Core only because the coils are all black and it may be deeper on high conductors in plowed farm fields such as colonial copper coins and deep shoe buckles.I'm not selling the T2 or CTX3030 since they both have their place in my lineup. I'd like a machine that beats both the CTX and T2 in the iron beds but still gets the deep targets in the hayfields. Nokta Fors Core or Nokta Fors Gold?

Thanks everyone
Re: Nokta Fors Core vs Nokta Fors Gold.
February 15, 2016 03:54AM
The FORS CoRe and FORS Gold are basically the same 15 kHz machine, with the CoRe having an additional salt water mode the Gold lacks. No real difference in capability. The new 19 kHz FORS Gold+ is probably what you want instead as it has that little extra edge over the other two for pulling non-ferrous out of pounded ferrous locations.