Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hey Tom have you seen these coils?

Posted by jbow 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Hey Tom have you seen these coils?
November 17, 2010 02:18AM
Someone in Europe posted a couple of vids of them on the Omega. Increased depth etc... they look good and they make them for most of the pupolar detectors.

[nel-coils.com]

Julien
Re: Hey Tom have you seen these coils?
November 17, 2010 03:55AM
That sharpshooter coil for the explorer looks pretty cool, cant understand the language though.
Translated website...
November 17, 2010 03:50PM
[translate.google.com]

I want one for my Omega!

J
Re: Translated website...
November 17, 2010 11:29PM
VERY interesting.......yet, I question if someone can 'trump' Dave Johnson.....IRT 'improved' coil design. Now......if the size is quite different.....it just may 'trump' (in certain cases).....the stock coil options. If anyone gets a chance to test one.......self included...... would like to know how well it performs.
Thanks for the link.
November 17, 2010 11:53PM
I got a message back from them. The price is 160.00 I think it includes shipping. Payment is Western Union. I think am going to order one... once I figure out for sure how.

There are quite a few videos. I found a few here: [www.youtube.com]

J
November 18, 2010 02:05AM
Julien, thanks for finding that site. I emailed them, nothing back yet. I'm interested in the shooter coil for the Explorer.
$160. shipped actually sounds really reasonable. The SunRay 5inch coil is almost $200. shipped. Awesome coil though.
Have you found out what country this in yet?
Thanks, Aaron
November 18, 2010 02:41AM
It is in The Ukraine. They have a 12.5x8.5 elliptical for the F70/F75 too... I bet it is good on the beach, or anywhere mineralization will allow exrta depth.. ifit isn't like "running high beams in fog". I'd like to see Tom test one.... hint..

Did you email the sales email? If not you probably wont get a reply. I've got a feeling they are about to get a rush of orders. They are just becoming known.

J
November 18, 2010 05:01AM
No, I just emailed the contact link. Thats very curious, Kellyco's Accelerator coils are made in Bulgaria. I wonder whats up with these hi performance coils being made in Europe?
Aaron
November 19, 2010 11:35PM
Jbow, I posted a message on Finds, did they delete that thread there? That is too bad, sometime that place is too sensitive. You can't mention another detector for comparisons sake, even in good faith it seems.
I'm ordering the shooter for my SE tomorrow
November 20, 2010 05:05AM
I have been in contact with the manager there, kinda difficult working through translation, but I think I got it figured out. The prices that they want are very reasonable, considering their shipping from the Ukraine. I think they just want to get it into the hands of some hunters in the U.S. Once they set up distributors their pricing will be more competitive.
Aaron
Re: I'm ordering the shooter for my SE tomorrow
November 21, 2010 01:02PM
I think if the market can be measured.......and 'justifiable' money can be made......Dave Johnson and John Gardiner would be producing a variety of various-size coils for the F75/T2. Seems the bulk of the aftermarket coils are (primarily) of larger variety. I'll have to drop Dave & John an e-mail......and find out if market/demand is large enough...........esp for their flagship unit.
November 21, 2010 03:49PM
earthmansurfer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jbow, I posted a message on Finds, did they delete
> that thread there? That is too bad, sometime that
> place is too sensitive. You can't mention another
> detector for comparisons sake, even in good faith
> it seems.

Maybe the OP was really someone who worked for NEL. If they checked his IP and found it to be from the Ukraine then I guess it should have been deleted, as it would be unpaid advertising... either that or some sponsor dealer complained. I would guess the prior, that the OP from Poland was suspected of trying to get some free advertising.

J
April 16, 2011 07:30AM
welcome to have the coil and the performance compared to 11''dd increased by 2''on a single coin.
I walk over half a year with her
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
April 16, 2011 01:02PM
I never received a response to my inquiry.

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]
April 16, 2011 03:09PM
I'd like one for the F2 how can I buy one? smiling smiley Thanks
April 16, 2011 03:36PM
Well if it works for the omega will it work for the G2?

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
April 16, 2011 07:56PM
yes, they work very well on G2
June 11, 2011 02:20PM
XTerra Tornado coil versus standard DD
[www.youtube.com]
June 11, 2011 03:47PM
Hey whatever works and every little bit helps..

What would bother me is warranty provisions..suppose you get a faulty one...one goes down in use, lots of bucks if no warranty...

Personally would like to see a field test from a forum member...lots of hype even with USA products comes to mind..
June 11, 2011 05:06PM
This is the same company that posted the video about seeing through bricks that Denari posted here:

[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

I still am not satisfied by there answers and would be hesitant to send them money via Western Union.
Maybe I am being overly cautious but I got burned via Western Union once and do not relish the idea of having that happen again.

Chris
June 11, 2011 08:17PM
Just to let you guys know about the Western Union option, I too would be cautious and was wondering why they don't use pay pal, then I had a friend who lives in Ukraine show me what his pay pal account home page looks like, and we were both laughing because it was completely "neutered" compared to mine, meaning all those options we have in US for sending, receiving money, and taking money from and to our bank accounts are not available in Ukraine. All that my Ukrainian friends can do is use his Debit card to buy stuff through pay pal, but he can't even take money out of his pay pal, nor can he deposit using his bank, there are no options for linking your bank account to pay pal. So after I learned this I now understand why these guys who make the coils don't use pay pal, they simply can't.

Anyways, these do seem like nice coils, and so do the SEF coils from Bulgaria, but I will always have my doubts about these Eastern European "marvels of technology" that seem to outdo the ones build here, I am sure they have some smart engineers working over there, but it's the quality of components that worries me. But perhaps these are hand built and hand tuned so they are more precise, who knows. I think they are definitely larger, so you would get extra depth, but then you are missing the tight electromagnetic footprint of the 11" DD coil.

I guess like Tom I also don't buy into the whole aftermarket coil scheme, I think that the coils that come with the detectors have been tested for maximum performance and that while the Neil or the SEF will get you more depth (maybe) perhaps its not as good in some other area. But I just don't know. I am not really prejudice towards these manufacturers in Eastern Europe, I feel the same way about those execrator and sunray coils. I once bought the 12.5" Sunray for CZ3d, and it did not give me any better depth (after extensive testing) than the 10.5" CZ coil.

Finally, yes I would be hesitant to order a coil knowing that if something happens to it, you are stuck with it. Sending stuff to Ukraine is not going to be cheap, if it gets there at all.

Just my opinion, but thought I would let everyone know about the Pay Pal thing, since Western Union would also ring alarm bells in my head if I didn't know that Pay Pal was not an option for them to use. They are definitely a legitimate company with what looks like a decent product, but the difficulty with safe payment and getting those things serviced seem to be the main problem here.
June 12, 2011 01:14AM
I just saw these coils for sale on ebay and they accept paypal. they are more expensive than I was quoted via email but at least you would have the ebay and paypal buyer protection plans backing you if anything went wrong.
June 12, 2011 01:23AM
Did you also note the shipping and handling time,Holy Cow they must be building them by hand in the dark with hand cuffs on lol.
June 12, 2011 05:06AM
Are the SEF coils that kellyco carries the ones from Bulgaria, or a different brand?
I wouldn't be to critical of the build quality. If we think about all of the AT Pro issues, and First Texas has had lots of quality control issues.
Minelab service in the US has apparently become very unreliable. I think it's the idea of sending our money out of country were the laws and
protection of our fund is a little less clear, that makes us a little nervous.

Just my 2.34 cents from hear in Canada.
June 12, 2011 06:48AM
Ere made very solid. Good and strong cable and ears
[www.youtube.com]
September 07, 2011 04:55AM
I bought one for this product. Via Ebay, it was more expensive than if bought directly from him, but at first I did not want to risk it.
Very helpful seller, he helped me to buy a Sharpshooter coil with long cable. I want give it a try F70 in the water.

I chose the smallest coil, in excellent shape and size of this task. 9,5x5,5" and completely waterproof, with no protruding ribs like a 11 "DD coil.
So far I have used three times in dirt hunting and three times in freshwater hunting in chest deep water.
I found 3 rings and one earrings, 15 grams of 14K. 12+ silver rings, some silver chain, lot of coins, and trash.
It was worth the investment.

few pictures:

September 07, 2011 07:13AM
Thanks for the report timmysys.

What do you think it does differently then the Fisher coils? I take it this is a DD?

That's a nice size, I bet it would work well on the E-trac, and it sure looks a lot lighter then the SEF coils.
September 07, 2011 08:13AM
I still do not have enough experience with this coil (3 short dirt hunt not enough). The soil was very dry and loose. Not optimal. I wait for the rain to compress the coil and give better conditions for hunting.
I has a medieval site , lot of iron there. I hunt for very small and tiny hammered silver coins. Thats will show how it works.
I bought this coil for water hunting primary. because it is DD, and drag is small.

I thinking about buy a bigger Nel coil, Hunter or Tornado for covering faster and more. I need a bigger coil to find hot spots on big open fields. The Fisher new 15" coil not nice.

I quote a guy who helped me a lot on this topic.

David said:
"My experience with the Tornado Coil is that like all Coils, if you buy a faulty one this is not a means to judge all coils as being the same. I initially wanted to buy a NEL Hunter Coil but was persuaded to buy a Tornado. I intend to try out my Tornado Coil with an F75 to see if it works better on that machine than my F70. As it stands, the Tornado Coil I have is a deep seeker but does seem to be hyper-sensitive to electrical interferance; as I have said, I intend trying it out with an F75 to see if it works better with that machine so I reserve my judgement for now. I have a very good friend who has both a Tornado and a Hunter Coil for use with his Minelab E-Trac, and he finds them to be excellant, finding many items at much deeper depth than other coils available; he believes the Hunter coil is much better for general detecting purposes. I would advise that if you wish to buy a NEL Coil, buy a Hunter. At present I am still using a SEF Coil with my F70, which I am very happy with, having found many good artefacts and coins with it."
September 07, 2011 10:41AM
Gosh........ I don't mean to be negative/harsh/hard.......... but I'm the type of person of whom requires scientific, "controlled-environment", definitive testing.... that removes as much (if not all) variables and possibilities for error///skewed data....... so as to ascertain positive/factual/irrefutable resultant data. This is especially true for head-to-head comparison testing.

Things like:

"My coil found more stuff"
"My coil goes deeper"
"My coil (or detector) found gold"

These are just a few examples ...... and from MANY different folks (certainly not from any one specific individual)........ that would need more data provided... to 'qualify' the resultant. If a new target was found in an area that has been 'hunted out'.............then............ the old coil (or detector) was tested on that exact same undisturbed target..... in the exact same fashion........ THEN...and only then..... do we start to 'measure' a performance differential. This is what 'starts' to build a case..... if some piece of equipment is better/worse than another. Scientific/factual/hard-evidence.

Good thread..... and good points to comment upon.
September 07, 2011 11:46AM
I believe this is another example of the US isnt the only place a better mouse trap can be built. I think its great that if there isnt going to be any great detector innovations that coils and headphones are stepping up.... or catching up. Its a combination of these that impress and make a difference in our hunting experience. Just getting people talking sells a LOT of merchandise..... but hype alone wont sustain sales IF there isnt results... true results. I know a lot of people jump on the band wagon of new equipment.... and rather than admit they bought a pig in a poke praise the item. That doesnt help us trying to make a decision. I know i get information sometimes about new equipment being tested or the company comes out and says we tested it.... WHO TESTED IT, HOW LONG, and like Tom said to what standard.

Dew