Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I am starting to see too much of this..

Posted by Beyonder-Pa 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I am starting to see too much of this..
February 21, 2016 03:14PM
[www.youtube.com]

This is what happens when people with too much money and no idea about metal detecting buy things that are way out of their league. Not only is this video painful to watch, but it really pisses me off too.

This guys first detector should of been a Harbor freight special.
Re: I am starting to see too much of this..
February 21, 2016 04:28PM
Glad you said it as every time I say it I get a Smart Ass comment on how I am pointing fingers! Guys like this are the down fall of the Hobby!
February 21, 2016 04:38PM
You guys are pointing fingers.....hot smiley

Ha... just kidding.
February 21, 2016 05:02PM
"Guys like this are the down fall of the Hobby! "
Exactly my point. There is nothing wrong with someone wanting to start out in the hobby, trying to learn, but to buy the top of the line when you don't have a clue on how metal detectors even work and saying that they don't work, is not only a disservice to the hobby in general, but a slap in the face to everyone who put in months and years into learning those machines. It's like a person that never drove before, hops into a formula one and expects to win the 500.
February 21, 2016 05:07PM
OMG this is another vid of his... god help us all if this is the average hunter

[www.youtube.com]
February 21, 2016 05:44PM
I agree, to watch these videos is not only painful but time I will never get back.
February 21, 2016 06:34PM
All he had to do on the ATX was slow the sweep speed down !!!

Hope he doesn't sell it before he learns how to use it..

Keith

“I don't care that they stole my idea . . I care that they don't have any of their own”
-Nikola Tesla
February 21, 2016 07:15PM
Looks like from those two vids he isn't taking his medications anymore.
February 22, 2016 12:04AM
I've always liked being around people that buy way above their heads then sell for peanuts.
February 22, 2016 12:30AM
I think his 11 or so search videos should be required watching by all the starry-eyed noobs that run to Walmart to buy a detector... thinking every signal is going to be a rare coin.
Sort of an Anti-Diggers show...and certainly more truthful. (And he does do a nice job with the video/audio production.)

Get the reality of coin hunting out there:
Yes dudes, there's LOT'S of trash in the ground. And until you pay your dues, you're going to find loads of it.
(And if you're not patient with that...might want to pick a different hobby.)

smiling smiley
mike

PS - just have to add - When she first started, my wife was totally flabbergasted at the amount of 'stuff' in the ground. She kept asking what happened here to cause so much stuff to be lost. I told her, "People happened here."
February 22, 2016 12:41AM
I just watched one of his with the ATX in a sport field. Giant messy plugs for rusty nails, poor guy would do better with a compadre and a screwdriver.confused smiley
February 22, 2016 02:08AM
After watching the second vid that B-PA put up, it sounds like this guy may have bigger issues going on. (Chem trails, Aliens, Planet X, etc)

Maybe metal detecting (even bad metal detecting) might be a good distraction for this guy.

There for the grace of God go I.

Just saying.

HH
John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2016 02:12AM by DirtyJohn.
February 22, 2016 02:18AM
Well I got news for this guy he is hunting area's I have been hunting or have hunted out for the past 20 years of detecting, he is in Palmyra Wisc which is my back yard. Trucker_Greg
February 22, 2016 02:26AM
I also think he's the proud owner of a $800 stolen CTX. ("minus some accessories", "must sell today at unreal price", etc)
February 22, 2016 02:44AM
Champ Ferguson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I also think he's the proud owner of a $800 stolen
> CTX. ("minus some accessories", "must sell today
> at unreal price", etc)

Yep----He better be checking the S/N with Minelab.----He may well be the owner of a "hot" machine---and I'm not talking "hyped up sensitivity"!-----Does he even know how to properly set a detector up??---It was too painful for me to watch the whole thing!
February 22, 2016 03:38AM
Trucker_Greg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well I got news for this guy he is hunting area's
> I have been hunting or have hunted out for the
> past 20 years of detecting, he is in Palmyra Wisc
> which is my back yard. Trucker_Greg

WHHHHAAAAATTTTTTTT???? How do you know he's in Palmyra?? I grew up 2 miles south of Palmyra and went to school there!!!! Where you at Greg? Are you from there? If so PM me your last name,eh? I know Palmyra REEEAAALLLYY well....