Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Sparky detector

Posted by Texasdirtdauber 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Sparky detector
March 08, 2016 06:53PM
Pray tell me ( many years experience), what is a "sparky" detector?
Re: Sparky detector
March 08, 2016 07:10PM
My understanding is it's one that makes small/short-duration beeps on 'nothing', usually ground signal changes, but electrical interference can cause it.
If it does this behaviour, the implication is that it's so fidgety and on the edge that if there's a genuine target there, it will also signal on it, even if it's weak/small/deep. Obviously, too 'sparky' will annoy you, and you'll probably miss targets, so it's a fine balance between too much and not enough, and depends somewhat on the operators skills at picking out good signal from false noises.
March 08, 2016 07:20PM
Good explanation by Pimento. The super-sensitive unit is kinda like a feisty person. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 08, 2016 08:35PM
Running a Vista Gold hot gets nice and sparky..... Love it, 7 hammered coins in one hunt was my best sparky run.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2016 08:36PM by Ziggy.
March 08, 2016 08:50PM
Then are you saying is that it falses a lot, something like the older Fisher 1200 series with the chirps, pops, etc?
March 08, 2016 08:59PM
Tejon
Vaquero
Vista Gold
FG+
FR
1235x
etc
etc

high gain machines that run hot and that you can push to the point that you get ground feedback (mineral report).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2016 07:23PM by MichiganRelicHunter.